Chapter 36: I Quite Appreciate This Style

The lake shimmered under the sun, and a gentle breeze skimmed across its surface. Sky and his companions smoothly glided across the water in a small boat, leaving behind a slender trail of ripples. The tranquil scenery enveloped everyone, creating an illusion of being in a dreamlike world.

Suddenly, a faint ripple disturbed the depths of the lake, and massive shadows quietly emerged underneath. They circled the sturdy wooden boat, causing it to sway ever so slightly.

One shadow surged upwards, revealing its enormous and mysterious form in the sunlight. It was a nearly 2-meter long, colorful koi with scales glittering in a spectrum of colors, a stunning sight as it elegantly soared past the boat in the sunlight.

"Wow, what a huge fish," Lumiya exclaimed excitedly, wagging her tail vigorously.

Before she could finish, the boat and its occupants were drenched by the splash of the leaping koi. The boat filled with water, leading to an unfortunate incident.

Electricity conducted through the water, a fundamental rule of this world, whether it's direct current, alternating current, Eastern immortal lightning, or arcane magic lightning.

A powerful magical current flowed from the electric fatty's arm, plugged into the boat's socket, instantly enveloping the boat and shocking Sky and the others.

Lumiya, still in her werewolf form, puffed up, her fur exploding into a fuzzy round ball.

Lilianna, with the quickest reflexes, transformed into a swarm of bats at the moment of the shock. But as she left the boat, a pressure from all around the divine realm and a voice in her mind declared, "No flying in the divine realm!" Her magic dissipated into nothingness. With a thud, she fell back onto the electrified boat. Fortunately, she quickly activated a protective spell, but her elegant clothes were burnt with several holes.

"Damn," she muttered, glancing at Sky. Unlike her and Lumiya, he was still a mortal in this realm.

Sky stood dumbfounded on the boat, his clothes tattered and smoking, his hair in an exploded style, yet strangely unharmed otherwise.

"Eh?" Lilianna's eyes narrowed in thought, a knowing smile spreading across her face.

The electric fatty quickly controlled the current and cleared the water with a small arcane wave, floating over to apologize with a series of electric sounds.

"Zap, crackle, fizz, pop," the electric fatty said.

"These colorful koi are the goddess's pets, usually not so active unless sensing her divine aura," Sky translated for Lumiya.

Addressing the electric fatty, Sky said, "Don't worry, we're all unharmed, but...," he gestured towards Lumiya's fuzzy head, "our appearance might be a bit improper when meeting the goddess."

Lumiya seemed unconcerned about her appearance, touching her strange form, "Weird, why can't I change back to my human form?"