Chapter 44: The Void and I

In front of the ancient castle's main building, Sky, Lumiya, and Lilianna gathered around an old barbecue grill, feasting merrily. On the grill, a large wild boar sizzled enticingly. The aroma of the roasted wild boar wafted through the air, a tantalizing scent. Sky, with one hand sprinkling seasonings on the pork, used the other to rotate the grill. The boar, slowly turning over the campfire, became gradually golden and irresistible under the licks of flame.

On a folding picnic table nearby, various dipping sauces sparkled under the light. These included a deliciously spicy chili sauce, a sweet and smooth fruit jam, and a slightly tangy lemon garlic sauce. The wild boar, skillfully caught by Lumiya from the forest, was expertly gutted and skinned by her. With Sky's culinary techniques, a genuine, flavorful wild game barbecue was swiftly prepared.

"Finally full, finally full," Lumiya said, patting her belly contentedly, then looked at Sky, who was still wolfing down food, in surprise. "Landlord, landlord, how did your appetite become even bigger than mine? You're amazing."

Watching Sky devour large chunks of meat, Lilianna asked Lumiya, "To you, does eating a lot equate to being impressive?"

"Yeah, my master told me that the combat power of a Qi Cultivation First Stage practitioner is directly proportional to their appetite. Aren't you familiar with Qi Cultivation? Don't you know this?" Lumiya said.

"Who would pay attention to such trivialities of a First Stage Qi Cultivator? After reaching the Third Stage, cultivators can directly absorb energy and nutrients from their surroundings. Eating becomes an optional affair," Lilianna responded.

Finally, Sky put down his plate and exhaled deeply: "I've never tried eating this much in one go, but my stomach still feels like it can't be filled."

Lumiya stood up and clapped her hands: "Come on, landlord, let's spar a bit."

Sky got up, also a bit excited: "Okay, let's try."

They took their positions at a distance. Lumiya, bouncing and warming up, started to teach Sky the basics: "The combat style of a First Stage Qi Cultivator is essentially about better and more precise control of your body, using faster speed and stronger attacks to defeat your opponent. Although there are martial arts techniques, physical combat is still key, and these techniques can't be mastered in a short time. Just attack me based on your feeling."

"Based on my feeling?" Sky extended his hands, adopting an attacking stance as he had seen in movies.

"You're not ordinary anymore. Don't just pose; feel every corner of your body. Try to control every muscle, bone, and nerve, extracting the deepest power from within," Lumiya said, seemingly imitating her master, looking quite like a child playing at being an adult.

"Feel every corner of my body? Extract the deepest power?" Sky closed his eyes slightly, focusing his consciousness deep within his own flesh.

First, Sky focused on his skin, then his muscles, and gradually his consciousness merged with his bones and organs. Suddenly, a thunderous heartbeat echoed in the depths of his mind, igniting his blood into a turbulent surge.