Chapter 47: Red Transformation

As the woman in white opened her mouth, a sharp, mournful wail unleashed an invisible shockwave toward Sky and his two companions. The assault was brutal, not just battering their eardrums but launching a ferocious psychic attack that struck directly at their souls.

Lumiya stumbled back two steps, while Sky felt a dizzying sensation and collapsed onto the ground.

Fortunately, Lilianna seemed almost unaffected. Her bat wings unfurled with a rustle, and as she slightly parted her full, red lips, a force accompanied by a faint buzzing sound blasted out, instantly overwhelming the ghost's piercing scream.

The buzzing, though subtle, caused high-frequency vibrations in the air, swiftly moving toward the ghost. It shook all the spiderwebs made of cursed hair in its path, breaking many into countless small strands that scattered into the air.

Lilianna's buzzing force quickly reached the ghost's large bed, and in the next moment, the ghost's figure dissipated like smoke blown away by a strong wind.

"Is that it?" Lumiya, feeling a sudden relief from the soul-crushing force, joyfully asked Lilianna, "Did you just kill that ghost?"

But Sky was already sprawled on the ground, his eyes unfocused, silently staring at the ceiling where hair strands began to spread wildly. Soon, the entire ceiling was covered with dancing black strands, quickly intertwining and forming one spiderweb after another.

"She's not gone; I just dispersed her for now. She'll reappear soon," Lilianna said urgently. "Pick up Sky and follow me. We need to get out of here quickly."

"Is the landlord okay?" Lumiya, hoisting Sky onto her back, summoned her Qi to create a protective barrier of floating ice crystals around them, shielding both herself and Sky within the icy defense.

Lilianna summoned a small flock of bats, directing them to fly in front of her. Lumiya then said, "He's probably been hit by that ghost's psychic attack, his soul wounded. This ghost, in her white garb, seems to have recently awakened to full consciousness, roughly equivalent to a third-level cultivator. She's manageable if we're careful of her psychic attacks and curses. But if we encounter a ghost in red, that's when we really need to be cautious."

Saying this, Lilianna directed one of the bats toward the hair-web blocking the corridor exit. After breaking through several layers of web, the bat was finally caught in the dense webbing behind and stopped moving.

"Hmm, what a powerful curse, to directly kill my blood-summoned bat," Lilianna remarked coldly as the bat dissolved into a mist of blood and vanished. She then warned Lumiya, "Be alert; the ghost's main body might appear soon. My sonic attack didn't seem to do much damage to her."

As soon as she finished speaking, a white figure slowly emerged at the spot where the bat had broken through the web.

"Ah...! The ghost! She's back!" Lumiya's alarmed cry echoed through the castle's third-floor corridor in the dead of night.

Lumiya was not afraid of ordinary ghosts and specters; it was this particular female ghost that instilled in her a deep-seated fear, akin to the overwhelming aura a high-level cultivator exerts over a lower-level one, magnified several times over.