Chapter 57: Winds of Change

Inside the military tent of the Firefeather Army, the generals gathered around the sand table, the atmosphere heavy with tension.

Sky (Yudel) glanced over the seated generals and asked, "This is the final revision of our tactical plan. If anyone has anything to say, speak now. Once we leave this tent, I expect no further doubts, only unwavering execution of our tasks."

The generals looked at each other, no one speaking for a moment.

Sky (Yudel) chuckled and said, "I know what you're thinking. This final tactical plan sounds insane, risky, and almost unbelievable. A nine in ten chance of death, right?"

Finally, the left army's commander, John Limo, broke the silence, "Such tactics and formation strategies are unprecedented. The risks are incalculable. Victory means total success, defeat means utter failure. It's a gamble of the highest order."

Most of the generals nodded in agreement with John Limo's perspective.

Sky (Yudel) nodded as well and added, "Indeed, but consider our options. We are experienced generals. Think about it—if we do not utterly defeat the Blackwater Army here, and they take Deerfield city, destroying the entire Swan Empire, their march eastward will be unopposed. With 300,000 Blackwater soldiers pushing forward, will we have a chance to turn the tide?"

Raising his voice, Sky (Yudel) continued, "So, today, on this battlefield, is our last chance to fight a decisive battle. It's either victory or death. We are soldiers, generals. Consider what we've always strived for. If we die on the battlefield today, we die as heroes of the Firefeather Nation, honored by generations to come. If we win, our names will forever shine in the annals of Pan continent."

Hearing this, the generals felt their resolve harden. The Firefeather Nation was known for its fierce people, and the army had few who feared death. To them, dying in battle was not the worst fate; living in obscurity or losing without a trace was.

Seeing their expressions, Sky (Yudel) knew he had swayed them and said, "Alright, gentlemen, assemble your troops and prepare to move out."

The generals responded with a thunderous agreement and dispersed.

"Generals Judah and Bruce, stay behind for a moment," Sky (Yudel) called out.

Moments later, inside the tent, Bruce's eyes sparkled as he looked at Sky (Yudel), "Your Majesty, why didn't you share this tactical plan with the other generals?"

Sky (Yudel) smiled and punched Bruce lightly in the chest, "If I did, we'd lose the element of surprise. How about it? Can you handle the pressure? It's not going to be easy for you this time."

Bruce grinned, "I can handle it. It's General Judah who's under the real pressure, facing a life-or-death situation."

Sky (Yudel) turned to Judah, whose handsome face remained expressionless, like a marble statue. Smiling, Sky (Yudel) also punched Judah lightly, "Show some emotion once in a while. Feeling the pressure?"