Chapter 40: Let's Play a Game of Questions

Before a towering medical pod, five meters high, stood Goddess Schiso 007, silently observing Sky, who was still unconscious inside. Beside her were a worried Lumiya and a comparatively composed Lilianna.

They were in Goddess Schiso's biotech research laboratory. The soft lighting in the lab highlighted the faint outline of the protagonist, Sky, suspended in the nutrient solution of the medical pod.

The lab was a cornucopia of high-tech equipment and bizarre instruments, artfully scattered around the room. Amidst this technologically advanced setting, magical elements were also present.

Mysterious symbols were drawn on the walls, twinkling in the dim fluorescent light. Strange runes swirled in the air as if invisible forces were warping reality. Arcane power flowed through the lab, powering the high-tech devices.

Sky's body floated in the medical pod, surrounded by a pale green, transparent nutrient solution. The solution vibrated intensely around him, as if his body was a high-frequency oscillator, violently shaking within the pod.

On closer inspection, this vibration emanated from every muscle, every inch of skin, and even every drop of blood and bone in Sky's body.

Even more bizarrely, Sky's skin pores seemed to breathe in the green nutrient solution, then exude a black, ink-like substance. Before long, the once-green liquid turned dark brown.

"Continue replacing the nutrient solution," Goddess Schiso 007 instructed an autonomous robot.

The dark brown liquid was drained from the bottom of the pod, quickly replaced with fresh green nutrient solution from the top.

Schiso 007 huffed, muttering under her breath, "Such a big appetite. How much nutrition and energy does he need to absorb?"

She turned to Lilianna, "Looks like this kid won't wake up anytime soon. Come with me."

Then, looking at Lumiya, "Do you want to rest first?"

"No need, I'll stay here and wait for him to wake up," Lumiya replied, sitting down on the floor.

"Oh, so loyal," teased Schiso 007 as she left the room.

Moments later, Schiso 007 returned to her Goddess Throne, which was now floating higher in the air.

She ascended as if stepping on invisible stairs, rising to the height of her throne.

The Goddess turned gracefully and sat down, exuding a dignified and sacred aura, calm and elegant.

As long as Goddess 007 didn't speak, laugh foolishly, or make exaggerated expressions, she perfectly embodied the image of a deity. However, her nature seemed to prevent her from maintaining this godly demeanor for long.

Goddess Schiso crossed her legs, leaned back in her throne, and began to speak in a casual, slightly rogue tone, "Now it's just us two. If you have anything to ask or say, do it quickly. I'm very busy, and chatting with me is a rare opportunity."