Chapter 42: Are you here to bankrupt me

"Chief 007, the blood-red flames on Sky seem quite significant," Lilianna commented, subtly changing her address for Schiso 007.

"I see, let me take a look," Goddess Schiso 007 said as she circled Sky with interest. "Hmm, in just a short period, you've transformed from an ordinary person to a first-grade cultivator in the Foundation Building stage. The technique you obtained through the lottery seems exceptionally powerful."

Lumiya couldn't help but add, "It's more than just powerful; it's defying the natural order. Normally, the first stage of cultivation, the Hundred Days Foundation, takes at least 100 days. It requires immense talent, supreme techniques, and a vast amount of resources like elixirs and spirit stones. And he's achieved this with such ease? When I was training, I endured so much hardship. My master disciplined me numerous times before I finally succeeded in building my foundation."

Recalling her difficult past, Lumiya felt a wave of emotion comparing her experience to Sky's seemingly effortless advancement.

"Effortless?" Schiso chuckled. "There are no easy paths to growth in this world. Every seemingly effortless journey comes with its own significant cost. Here, in this plane, I ensure fairness. Sky's technique, acquired with divine points and luck, required a significant stroke of fortune. But those blessed with great fortune also bear substantial responsibilities."

Looking at Sky, she teased, "You must have had your fair share of hardship just now. How was that experience?"

Sky, having recovered from his ordeal, replied with a wry smile, "It was indeed a torment worse than death. Could I possibly get some clothes? I feel somewhat embarrassed being watched like this."

Lilianna laughed heartily, her attractive black eyes freely scanning Sky.

Schiso 007 calmly said, "Hold on. That layer of blood-red flame on your body is quite peculiar. You need to learn to control it first. Otherwise, its power could even shatter a divinely-enhanced medical pod. I doubt any clothing could withstand it."

Sky looked at the black and red blood-like flame encasing his body, then at his remaining underwear, confused. "How do I control this blood flame, and why..."

"Why is your underwear still intact, right? Your subconscious probably considers anything you're already wearing as part of your body, so it remains undamaged. However, until you can control this new power, if you wear anything else, the outcome will be different." As Schiso 007 spoke, she extended her finger towards Sky and gently pulled a small piece of the blood flame, enveloped in a soft light, into her hand.

Feeling the substance, she said, "This blood-red substance isn't just a flame. As a first-grade cultivator in the Foundation Building stage, you strengthen your physical body. This flame is likely an extension of your body. Feel it carefully, and try to control it as you would your limbs."

When Sky had a small piece of blood flame removed, it felt like a hair being plucked from his body. Following the goddess's instructions, he closed his eyes and focused.

The blood flames, like blood flowing from his pores, formed a net-like layer of tendrils around his body. As a human, Sky had no experience with tendrils, but it felt like if humans could grow tendrils, this would be the sensation.