Chapter 30: The Werewolf?

"Ah?" Lumiya, with a second ice spear magically conjured in her hand, was ready to launch it like a javelin. Sky's words, however, brought her to a sudden halt. She turned her fuzzy head, her expression one of utter confusion.

The first ice spear had struck empty air with a resounding crash, targeting Liliana Nocturne, the guest who was supposed to check in tonight. Clearly startled by Sky's words, Liliana couldn't evade the icy missile from Lumiya in time.

Like a plane struck by anti-aircraft fire, Liliana's flight became erratic before she crashed heavily onto the roof of the castle's adjoining building, leaving a sizable hole.

Lumiya and Sky exchanged a silent, long look. Suddenly, Lumiya exclaimed, "Oh no, the room she just demolished... that's the one I rented!"

Upon reaching the crash site, they were greeted by a room still clouded in freshly stirred dust, with debris and tiles raining down. The interior was a complete mess: the bed and desk reduced to mere splinters, and technological gadgets including a laptop and live-streaming equipment lay in ruins. Lumiya's massive suitcases had suffered the same fate, their contents scattered amidst the chaos.

Sky was taken aback to see the floor littered with various Chinese snacks.

"Oh my goodness!" Lumiya cried out in despair. "My beef jerky! My squid strips! My spicy strips!" She darted into her room, desperately searching through the wreckage for her snacks.

In the center of the room, amidst a pile of rubble, there was a stir. It was like a scene from a zombie movie – a pale arm emerging from the debris, clothed in what remained of a high-quality women's suit sleeve.

The arm's owner, Lady Liliana, groaned as she sat up among the wreckage. Her bat wings were now gone, and her neatly tailored suit was a ragged, blood-stained mess. A gaping wound in her abdomen oozed blood slowly.

Noticing Sky's gaze, Liliana attempted a graceful smile despite her plight.

"Hello, we've spoken over the phone, haven't we? You must be the landlord. I'm here to check in," she said, trying to maintain her composure.

After a brief pause, Sky pointed to Liliana's bleeding wound, suggesting, "Maybe we should tend to that first..."

Assessing her disheveled appearance, Liliana dropped the facade of elegance, her face contorting in pain. "It's so painful... and cold." The wound was chillingly frosted over, which oddly slowed the bleeding.

The frost seemed to be spreading slowly, increasing its frozen grip.

Liliana traced blood runes in the air with her finger. She murmured an incantation in an unfamiliar language, "Shadows of crimson, light of the abyss, take my blood, dispel the ominous." Despite the strangeness of the language, Sky understood its meaning instinctively, pondering it as a system feature for players to comprehend languages in different worlds. He had instantly understood the Chinese on Lumiya's snack packages as well.

As Sky was internally reveling in this new understanding, the blood runes converged into a dark red glow and infused into Liliana's wound. Remarkably, the terrifying wound began to close before their eyes, and the surrounding frost and cold gradually receded.