Chapter 33: God is a Girl

Lilianna noticed the change in Sky's expression and asked, "What's wrong? Is this question taboo for you? Like in terms of faith or religion?"

Sky replied, "There's no taboo, just that it's a rather unique question. What do you mean by 'God'? Do your kind, the Blood Clan, also worship your own deities?"

"The Blood Clan worships the ancient ancestor Lilith. But I'm not talking about God in the religious sense. I mean a God who actually exists in this world, or a life form that can be defined as a God," Lilianna explained.

After pondering for a moment, Sky said, "I haven't thought about this before. But since werewolves, cultivators, and the Blood Clan exist, the appearance of a deity isn't entirely unacceptable to me." He turned to Lumiya and asked, "Do you believe in a God?"

"Of course, there's definitely a God, and she's a goddess," Lumiya answered without hesitation.

"Why a goddess?" Sky asked, surprised.

Lumiya replied matter-of-factly, "I chatted with her just last night. She seemed like a girl around 16 or 17 years old."

A silence fell over the room. After a while, Lumiya blinked her innocent eyes and asked, "Why are you two looking at me like that?"

"You talked to a goddess last night?" Sky asked incredulously.

"Yes. She has been visiting me in my dreams for the past few nights, chatting with me. Oh, and the reason I went to the forest to find you yesterday afternoon was because the goddess told me to wake you up in my dream. She also asked me to explore the secrets deep in the forest behind the old castle," Lumiya explained.

"A goddess...in dreams?" Sky struggled to comprehend, then said after a moment of thought, "Are you sure it's a goddess in your dreams and not some kind of witchcraft, magic, or a cultivator's spell? And are you sure it's not just a dream?"

Before Lumiya could answer, Lilianna spoke up, "It's probably not just a dream, nor any known form of magic or witchcraft."

Sky looked at Lilianna quizzically.

Lilianna said with a wry smile, "That goddess has also been visiting me in dreams for several days."

"Wow, you also received the goddess's call? Did she also invite you to visit her home tomorrow?" Lumiya asked cheerfully, wagging her tail.

Lilianna nodded, "The goddess in my dream requested that I bring the master of the castle with me to the abode of the gods."

Sky pointed to himself and asked, "I need to go too? Why didn't the goddess directly call me in a dream? And do you know how to get to the goddess's abode?"

Lilianna shook her head, "The goddess said that as long as I bring you, we would naturally know the way to her dwelling."

"I know," Lumiya raised her hand, "The goddess showed me the way to her home in my dream. I can lead the way tomorrow; I'm quite good at it."