『His Smile - Kageyama Tobio』

You were sitting on the sidelines of the court in the Karasuno High gym, watching the team practice. You had just recently transferred schools, and you decided to become the volleyball team's new first-year manager. Already, there was one specific person you had your eye on: Kageyama Tobio. It's not that you liked him or anything, he was just interesting to you. He seemed to never smile, so that was something you wanted to see, out of genuine curiosity. Someone beside you poked you in the arm, making you jump slightly. Looking over, you saw it was a fellow team manager, Shimizu.

"So (Y/N), Kageyama, huh?"

"What do you mean, Senpai?"

"I've noticed you watching him the whole time." she said, raising her eyebrows slightly. "You like him?"

"Not like that, more like... Just interested. Does he ever smile?"

"I see. I don't think I've really seen him smile, but maybe you can talk to him and try making him." she suggested.

"Hmm, maybe I can."

-Time skip-

Practice was over, so you waited outside the gym for a certain someone to come out. "Kageyama-kun!" you called out, spotting the blackette.

"Oh, hello (Y/N)-san, do you need something?"

"I just-" You began, but was interrupted by the rowdy boys of the team.

"WHOA HOH, LOOK AT KAGEYAMA FLIRTING IT UP WITH (Y/N)-CHAN~!" Tanaka yelled from inside the gym, making sure everyone could hear.

Nishinoya ran out and pushed Kageyama into you. "You guys are sooo cute together~!"

"Noya-san!!" You whined, on the ground as he ran back inside, laughing with Tanaka. You looked down to ask Kageyama if he was okay, and it wasn't until now that you noticed that he had landed with face in your chest. "GET OFF ME, KAGEYAMA-KUN, YOU PERVERT!" You pushed him off of you, your face turning red with embarrassment.

"I-it was an accident, I swear! I'm sorry!" He apologized, his face equally as red as yours. He looked away to try and avoid your eyes and coughed. After a few moments of awkward silence he spoke. "You know, (Y/N)-san," he started, and turned to look at you again. "Now that I realize it, you're actually kind of cute." He gave you a small smile and stood up.

That was the first time you've seen Kageyama smile, and boy did it make an impact. "Th-thank you." You were stunned still by the rare sight you have just seen, and you took the hand he had put out to help you up.

After seeing that heart-warming smile of his, your interest still remained, but in a different way now. Your feelings for him have changed the slightest bit, all because of his smile.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my first reader insert type story, woo! Kageyama is bae and I want to see more smiles from that angry crow.

Have a character you need to see? Just comment or drop me a PM! Thanks for reading!