『Lunch - Azumane Asahi』

It was a lonely night for you again in your college dorm. Oh how you wished you had someone to share it with. You and your partner had just broken up recently, and even though you were the one who broke it off, you felt a hole in your heart. Your friends suggested that you sign up for a dating site that sets you up with people near you. You refused the first few times, but then succumbed to their wishes to see you happy with someone once again and made an account.

By about a week or so of having created an account for this date site, you had gotten into contact with someone who began to interest you. His username was GentleGiant3, but you found out after some time of talking that his real name was Azumane Asahi. After chatting with him and taking note of how he responded, you really saw where the gentleness came in. He really was a nice guy, and you and him were always talking to each other through the IM feature.

Your friends were liking that you were obviously happy talking to this Azumane guy, and they began to encourage you to ask him to meet up.

"No! No no no, I can't do that, oh my gosh!" You protested the idea that was just brought up by (friend's name). They wanted you to ask Azumane on a date, but you were strongly opposed to the idea.

"Come on, it'll be fun!" They tried to convince you, but they weren't succeeding. "Why else are you guys talking then? It's a dating website. You're supposed to date."

"Yeah, but..." You looked to the side, twiddling your thumbs. "It's more of a friendly friendship right now. Totally platonic nothing else."

(Friend's name) rolled their eyes at you. "A 'friendly friendship'."

"Yes."

"...(Y/N), you're hopeless, aren't you?"

At that moment, a few soft dings came from your laptop, signaling new messages.

"Jeez, who's messaging you so much?" Your friend asked.

"I dunno, lemme check." You swiveled around in your chair to face your laptop screen. The messages were from Azumane.

>Hey, (L/N)-san! My friends and I are going out today for lunch, and they suggested that you come along maybe? Since you said your college is actually nearby mine.

>You can bring your friends along too if you want!

>Er, you don't have to come if you don't want to.

>Yeah, uh, sorry if I'm bothering you

"Oh my god," (Friend's name) said, reading over the messages. "You reeled in a shy awkward dude, didn't you, (Y/N)."

"He's a good friend, okay."

"Right. Well, we're going to this thing." (Friend's name) took the laptop from you, ignoring your attempts to take it back from them and began typing in a response.

>Yeah sure, that sounds great! What time do you wanna meet and where? ;)

You stared at (friend's name). "Was the wink at the end really necessary?"

"Yes."

>Oh, okay cool! Meet us at 2:30 at the ramen place by your school. See you then!

"Bam, and that's how you get a date," (Friend's name) closed your laptop smirking at you with your puffed up cheeks of frustration. "Better start getting ready, (Y/N)~"

"It's not a date." You huffed as you pushed your friend out of the room so you can change.

-time skip-