『Relief - Kuroo Tetsurou』

Part 2 of Boiling Point

~*~*~*~*~

It was hard coming to school for the next few days, but you had to do it. No matter how much Kuroo had wounded you, you still went, pretending that the boy with the fluffy black hair sitting in front of you everyday wasn't Kuroo Tetsurou. That the boy who was now constantly staring off into the window sighing a lot during class wasn't the same one who you had called your friend. That the boy who hurt you wasn't the one that you had loved.

It wasn't the same anymore. The air that stood between you and him was suffocating; you just needed to stay away from him to breathe. Sometimes, you wondered what was going on in that head of his. Did he even care? Maybe not. But it was none of your concern anymore, now that he was out of your life.

It had been almost a month since you last talked to Kuroo. You were pretty much recovered now, having moved on from the Nekoma captain and on with your life. You were packing your bags and getting ready to leave since the last bell had just rung. 'Gotta go home and watch the latest episode of One Punch Man already!' Putting your earbuds in your ears, you put on (favorite song) to listen to as you walked home.

As you were leaving the classroom, you thought that you heard someone calling your name. Shrugging it off, you ignored them and continued walking on. You heard your name again, this time for real. Seeing a male in your peripherals, you stopped and took out one of your earbuds, facing them. It was Kuroo.

"What do you want, Kuroo-kun?" You asked him, slightly irritated.

"I want to talk to you about something." The boy said, but you shook your head and put your earbuds back in, continuing to walk.

"Sorry, can't talk right now. Got something important to do." You lied, shoving your hands in your pockets and walking a little faster.

"Important like what?" The blackette questioned, speeding up to your pace.

"None of your business." You said sharply, walking even faster, and this time he didn't follow. You didn't bother looking back to see his face.

~*~*~*~*~

This kept happening for the next few days. He'd try to catch you to talk after school, and you'd blow him off, saying you had to do something. You thought maybe if you kept this up, he'd finally leave you alone. But you were wrong.

And with all his attempts came a feeling that you thought you had gotten rid of. Longing. Longing to talk to him again, to be friends once more. No matter how much you said you hated him, that you wanted him out of your life, you couldn't help but wish that things were alright again.

You were about to exit the classroom, until you felt a hand latch onto your wrist.

"Not today." Said a male voice as he dragged you to an empty hallway despite your protests.

"Kuroo-kun?! Let me go! I don't want to talk to you!" You tried struggling against his grip, but he was too strong. He pushed you against the wall, one hand on your shoulder and the other on the wall next to your head. "What's the big idea? I don't want to talk." You hissed.

"But I want to talk to you. Why can't you just hear me out this one time?"

What surprised you the most was the face he made.  It was a look of frustration and sadness in his eyes, an expression you had never seen before. You gulped, and nodded your head slowly. "...Fine."

"(Y/N), there's so much I want to tell you, really. But most of all, I want to apologize," He looked you straight in the eyes, his gaze unwavering. "I want to apologize for being such a shitty person and hurting you so much. I want to apologize for not realizing how my actions were affecting you. Things at home weren't going too smoothly. My folks were fighting, and I got caught in the middle of it. My grades started dropping, and I haven't been getting much sleep. The guys on the team started to notice, but I gotta be a good captain for them, y'know? And then I... I blew it at our last game. I felt so terrible. I let my whole team down."

Never had you ever seen Kuroo be so emotional. You saw the tell-tale shining in his eyes signaling tears. Seeing Kuroo like this choked you up inside, strangling your heart and you couldn't breathe.

"I want to apologize for not realizing sooner how I really felt about you. I didn't know until after I had lost you that I love you, (Y/N). I love you so much it hurts. It was never my intention to release all my pent up anger and frustration on you," Tears began falling from the blackette's eyes and you reached up to wrap your arms around his neck, holding him close to you. He buried his face in your shoulder and held you in return, sniffling and hiccuping as you felt your own tears wetting your face. "I'm so, so sorry. No amount of apologies can truly express how sorry I really am."

"Kuroo-kun. Look at me," You said, and he lifted his head up. You put your hand on his cheek, wiping away a tear with your thumb. You smiled at him. "It's okay. I forgive you. I love you too, Kuroo-kun."

"R-Really? After everything I've done, you still love me?"

"Really."

"Then you won't mind if I do this, right?"

"Do wh-?" You began, but was interrupted by the soft feel of his lips against your own.

Parting from the kiss, he looked at you with a serious expression. "(Y/N). I love you. Will you stay by my side from now to forever?"

You laughed, fresh tears beginning to well up in your (e/c) eyes. "Of course I will."

He let out a short laugh in turn, relief in his features as he brought you in for another hug.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look, I made it a happy ending! Hahaaa I should write angst more often shouldn't I :3c Hope you guys liked this conclusion to Boiling Point! So many of you were asking for it even when it was fresh ahaha.

Next up is Sawamura Daichi x Reader! Don't be afraid to send in requests for characters you want since I need more ideas, lol.