『Kitten - Kozume Kenma』

Today was a rainy day, and somehow you convinced your boyfriend Kozume to go outside with you. But, no surprise to you, he disliked the rain. Even though you were both under an umbrella, he still worried about getting wet, and he was shivering all over. By ten minutes of being outside, you decided that the two of you might as well just go back home.

"(Y/N)-san, how could you like something like this?" Kozume asked you, walking closer to you to try and get warm. "I'm going to get sick, watch."

"You're pretty much a cat, Kenma," You pointed out to him. "You don't like water and you'd rather laze around than do other things."

"It's not 'lazing around', it's playing video games and being productive in them."

"It's really just the same thing!" Looking at him, you noticed behind his head a small bundle of light orange fur lying against the wall, trying to avoid the cold drops of rain. "Oh my gosh, Kenma look. A real cat. I'm going to get it." With that, you started walking towards the cat, leaving Kozume in the rain. Crouching down next to it, you extended your hand. "Hey there, little fella. Are you cold? Are you a stray? Here, I'll keep you warm." You picked the kitten up and held it close to your chest, trying to warm it up with your body heat.

"Are you going to keep it?" Kozume asked, coming up to you soaked from the rain you left him in when you ran to the cat with the umbrella.

"Yeah of course! Unless you want to." You thrust the kitten towards Kozume, who pushed it away lightly back towards you.

"No, that's okay. My folks wouldn't let me."

"Alright then, you hear that?" You said to the kitten. "You're coming home with me!"

-time skip-

After getting the okay from your parents, you decided to name the cat Ken. Ken was still trying to adjust to your room, wandering around exploring every nook and cranny there was. Kozume was sitting on the floor with you in the middle of the room drying his hair off with a towel you provided him with.

"So, why did you name him Ken, (Y/N)-san?" Kozume asked you, watching the small kitten walk around.

"He reminds me of you, so it's just a shorter version of your name," You told him, picking up Ken to stroke his fur in your lap. You looked up at Kozume, and a light pink was dusted across his cheeks. "Eh? Kenma, are you feeling okay? Your face is red." You put Ken down and shuffled over to him to put your hand on his forehead and check his temperature, causing his face to become even redder.

"E-Er, yeah that must be it," He tried to cover up his embarrassment with fake coughs. "I think I got sick from being in the rain for so long."

"Nice try, Kenma," You laughed at your boyfriend's attempts to hide. "You can't get sick from being in the rain for about fifteen minutes."

"Sure you can. I did."

Ken meowed intently at Kozume, earning a laugh from both of you.

"See, even Ken is calling you out on your lies." You teased.

The pudding-top picked up the kitten and tickled his stomach. "Ken no, you're supposed to be my ally on this."

Laughing softly, you leaned onto Kozume's arm and smiled. "It's okay. I love both my cats."

"Both your-? Oh," The corners of his mouth upturned into a smile as he realized what you meant. "Love you too, (Y/N)-san."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks MissionToMarsy and animeaddictedgirll for requesting! If I had a calico cat, I'd name it Kenma lolll. He's a really popular character, especially for stories, but he's really cute so I'm not complaining ahaaa. I also have a drawing WIP of him which I still haven't finished since the couple months it's been since I started it qq I got WIPs for daysss