『Words - Kyoutani Kentarou』

"Hey, Iwaizumi-senpai?" You ask the vice captain, walking up to him. "Am I doing anything wrong with being the team's manager?"

"Huh? Why? Did someone tell you that you were?"

"Eeh, someone's insulting our (Y/N)?" Oikawa questions, listening in.

"No, that's not it but..." Motioning for them to come in closer, you whisper. "I feel like Kyoutani-kun hates me or something. I always catch him glaring at me. It's scaring me."

Oikawa laughs. "Ah, Mad Dog-chan hates and glares at everyone! Well, except for Iwa-chan. But I'm sure it's nothing personal." He reassures you, patting you on the shoulder.

"I can talk to him if you want, (Y/N)." Iwaizumi offers.

"No no, it's okay! I don't want there to be some kind of drama in the team because of me..."

"It's fine. We can't have our manager feeling uncomfortable about the team, can we?"

"Yeah, I guess so!"

~*~*~*~*~*~

Kyoutani caught himself staring at (Y/N) again. The team's manager kept managing to catch his eye, but he was pretty sure he scared them. They always returned his stare with fear in their eyes. 'What is wrong with me? What am I doing wrong?' Suddenly, he feels a hand on his shoulder. "What do you want?" He spits, turning to face the person who touched him. Eyes widening, he watches Iwaizumi back up a step with his hands up. "Oh, sorry." He bows to the upperclassman in apology.

"It's alright," Iwaziumi laughs. "So, (Y/N), huh."

"Hah? What about them?"

"I know you've been watching them, you're kinda obvious."

"No I haven't!" He protests to Iwaizumi's amusement.

"Then why else are you always staring at them with an intense glare during practice? Do you really not like them?"

Kyoutani's face settled and his shoulders fell. "I've been... glaring?"

"Uh, yeah."

"...So that's why they always look so scared."

Iwaizumi burst out laughing. "Kyoutani, you have a lot to learn. Start first by trying to relax your face."

"Iwaizumi-senpai, you're going to help me?"

"Yes. Now, once again, please relax your face. Your words may be thankful, but your face suggests I just insulted your mother."

"Oh. Sorry." He bows in apology. "How's this?" His face slackens as he stares up at Iwaizumi. 

"Much better. Try adding a smile to it."

Kyoutani's lips turn upwards in an attempt to smile. "Like this?"

"...We'll have to work on that. You remind me of a previous kouhai from junior high."

"Oh."

"Yeah, well everyone else seems to be here now. Let's get to practice."

~*~*~*~*~*~

That practice, you tried your hardest to avoid looking at Kyoutani and focus on the other members of the team. You were afraid that you would get another glare if you looked.

"Let's switch up the teams!" Oikawa announced, everyone moving and organizing themselves in their new match ups.

Kyoutani ended up standing in the front, across from where you were sitting. He began to look over, and you instinctively looked down at your lap to avoid eye contact. No matter what Iwaizumi had told you previously, you still had a hard time trying to not get intimidated by Kyoutani.