『Monochrome - Kozume Kenma』

A/N: okay so this was requested to be a soulmate au and since i actually wrote a poem for english last semester based on one of my favorite soulmate aus, i'm going to write this oneshot to be based off my original poem Monochrome, but with some tweaks. basically, it's the au where everyone sees everything in black and white until they meet their soulmate. (okay we get it zephii just get to the story already) okay i'm almost done. this will be a different style of writing than i usually do, but i hope you all enjoy!

A world of monochrome;

Sparkling grey surfaces shining with white, the light brush strokes of clouds painted across the ever dark sky. And on the glittering sidewalk below it, was a person.

An ordinary person, one like any other, for no one was different in this monochrome world we lived in. Dressed in immaculate grey scale like everyone else, they awaited the day that the grey would fade away.

On the sidewalk they tread on, the glittering sidewalk, walked an interesting one, his face buried in what seemed to be a phone, headphones blocking out the rest of the world. Not a care given as they crossed paths with our protagonist until--

One look,

One smile,

One light,

One spark.

A flash of something new when this person with his grey two-toned hair looked up and smiled.

What is this feeling, this sensation, this sight?

As our protagonist wondered for the rest of the day just what it was that they saw, they couldn't help but yearn to see it once more.

A flash, one like no other, one that held promise of a new world;

All that our protagonist knew was that it was not the same -- Not the same monochrome that they were always used to.

Another day, another meeting.

The strange one, by the name of Kozume Kenma had begun to interact with our protagonist after their first encounter. Being with Kozume, who began to show them something new everyday, led to abnormalities in their monochrome world more often, but they didn't complain.

Until one day, one like any other, except Kozume had changed our protagonist's life. They began to feel something new, something indescribable and Kozume was feeling it too.

They sat and chatted that fateful day under the rippling white leaves of the grey willow tree.

A hand, slowly creeping its way to the other, inching unconsciously to its destination when finally-

One touch,

One spark,

One light,

An explosion of color that filled the scenery with unimaginable hues.

To say our protagonist was amazed would be quite the understatement.

A sky of different shades and saturations. The scenery overlooking the city from the hill with the willow tree. Bright lights shine from everywhere, but nothing the same as before.

They looked at Kozume with fascination in their eyes, Kozume returning the stare with a rare look of passion and excitement. With understanding, they were both experiencing the same beautiful sight. A sight to be shared, the feelings mutual, it was crystal clear.

The monochrome world between them had changed for the better

With just one look,

Just one smile,

Just one spark.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Extended Ending:

Lying with Kozume on his bed that has been revealed to be what was called dark blue, you stared in awe at the colors that presented themselves to you. Currently, you both were trying to name them all, and it was your turn.

Pointing to the sweatpants Kozume was wearing, you attempted to name its color.

"That's what they call 'purple', right?"

A soft laugh came from your newly found soulmate, whose two-toned hair was revealed to be dark brown at the roots and the rest blonde. "(Y/N), I think I'm pretty sure it's called red."

"Hm," You hummed, snuggling closer into Kozume's chest. "Not that it really matters right now anyways, right? As long as we can see it."

"Yeah, my thoughts exactly."

"I love you, Kenma."

"I love you too, (Y/N)."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sooo, what did you guys think? hope it was alright, haha. i actually got two requests for kenma that asked for soulmate au and cuddling, so i decided to put that together at the ending :> for Miss_Channon_Zoldyck, thanks for requesting the soulmate au! the other requester was from quotev.

UP NEXT:

- Iwaizumi Hajime x male!reader

- Hinata Shouyou x reader

- Akaashi Keiji x reader

- Terushima Yuuji x reader

- Yamaguchi Tadashi x reader