『When We're Alone - Hinata Shouyou』

Karasuno's gym was alive with chatter and laughter. As you were about to enter, you could hear the distinct voice of the team's boys from outside. You stop to listen in on their conversation; from what you have already heard from outside, it was pretty interesting.

"As your senpai, I will help you make your dreams come true, wuahaha! Just count on me!"

"Shouyou, I'll be your wingman! Don't underestimate my knowledge in this matter!"

"Hinata, you're such a dumbass. Why can't you do it yourself? Just talk to them, use the same determination as when you're playing volleyball."

"I'm sure nothing can go wrong from there. I mean, unless you get completely rejected and they really don't like you..."

"Shut up, no negative beards here!" The sound of someone being punched is heard, followed by a groan. "You can do it, Hinata! Asking (L/N)-san out shouldn't be too hard!"

You perk up upon hearing your name being brought up in the conversation in the gym. 'They're talking about me?' The face of the orange-topped subject of conversation appeared in your mind. You've had a feeling for awhile that he had a crush on you. You decide to continue listening on before making your appearance.

"Why don't you ask the king for advice on how to give them compliments? He sure is good at that." Following this mock are snickers.

"Sh-Shut up!"

"Thanks, but it's not easy! My stomach starts doing flips when I'm around them and I feel like I'm going to throw up. I might right now just thinking about them..."

"Hey hey, don't throw up here on the gym floor!"

"Wow Hinata-kun, I didn't realize I made you sick," You said, walking in. "Probably because you think I'm so sweet, right?"

"A-Ah, (L/N)-san!" Hinata jumped, obviously startled, as he had his back to you when you walked in. He turned around slowly, smiling weakly with an apparent blush on his face. "Y-You heard that?"

You nodded your head, more snickers coming from the peanut gallery.

Kageyama tilted his head to the side. "I don't get it."

"When you eat too many sweet foods, you get sick," Yamaguchi chimed in. "Tsukki ate too many strawberry shortcakes one time and he got really sick." He said, giggling at the memory.

"Shut up, Yamaguchi."

"Sorry Tsukki."

Sawamura raised his arms to stretch. "Well, it's about time to start leaving, don't you think? Good practice, everyone."

With that, everyone began filing out of the gym. Tanaka stopped by Hinata and put his arm around him. "Remember, you can always count on your senpai if you need some help." He unhooked himself and left with Nishinoya, laughing.

As everyone began leaving, you found yourself walking with Hinata back home.

"I didn't know you went home this way too, Hinata-kun." You broke the silence between the two of you, made a little awkward from the earlier events.

"Y-Yeah, you too." He coughed nervously.

Feeling the tension in the air between the two of you, you look away from him. The truth was, you actually harbored feelings for Hinata too. Even though you tease him about his obvious crush, it's not the same when you're alone with him.

How are you supposed to just break through and get somewhere you know you could be at if you don't have the courage?

Hinata clears his throat, looking at you with his chestnut brown eyes. "Er, (L/N)-san, about earlier..." His cheeks go pink as he continues what he's trying to say. "You, uh, would you consider going on a date with me sometime? I r-really like you! Being with you makes my heart go gwahhh and all I can think is uwooohh and-"

"Y-Yes, I like you too," You cut him off quickly before he began spouting more obscure sounds. "Yes, that would be very nice. I'd love to." Giving him a smile, you watch as his face lights up with glee.

"R-Really! Awesome! Tanaka and Nishinoya-senpai will be so proud of me!" He extends his arms out to you, and then stop. "I- er, can I hug you?"

You feel your face slowly heat up with his request. You catch him by surprise by wrapping your arms around him first.

Getting your feelings out wasn't too bad, was it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ayy guess who's back (kinda)! this is for Sleepislife75, thanks for requesting! smol birb needed more love ahaha

alright so update on my drawing situation that i took a break from writing for; going well, i finished a new drawing that turned out to be my best so far and i'm really proud of it! you can check it out on my ig @ zephiiaa where i'm starting to post my art and piano covers (posted a cover of fallen down there last night too!) 

sorry for self advertisement, but i'd appreciate it greatly if you guys checked it and gave me some feedback on it! i'm always looking for feedback so i can work to improvement, thanks! ^^

UP NEXT:

- Akaashi Keiji x reader

- Terushima Yuuji x reader

- Yamaguchi Tadashi x reader

- Shibayama Yuuki x reader

- Nishinoya Yuu x reader

- Tanaka Ryunosuke x reader

the list slowly grows again with more requests rofl