『Soothing the Pain - Sugawara Koushi』

You were a third year who just transferred into Karasuno High School. You were a fairly average person and tried to blend in with the crowd. Even with all your efforts, there was one group of girls in your class who liked to bully you. For what reason, you weren't sure of, but it happened anyways. The tormenting ranged from tacks in your shoes, to your notebooks being scribbled all over with rude and vulgar messages, and to even your desk being filled with trash.

One day, you came into class and your desk had been vandalized and scrawled all over. You heard giggling coming from one corner of the room and saw the group of four girls covering their mouths and whispering and laughing at you. No one really did or said anything, but there was one person in your class who actually looked worried about you. His name was Sugawara Koushi, and from what you had heard, he was generally a nice guy who had the ability to make anyone feel better with his smile. As the teacher walked into the room, you saw him get up and tell her something. They glanced over at you and continued talking.

"(L/N)-san, you can get a new desk." Your teacher said when she was done talking to Sugawara who had went back to sit down in his seat in front of where you sit.

You looked at him and mouthed a quick "thank you" before preparing to switch out your desks. This was the first time someone had ever stood up for you, and you were very grateful for this. When you finally settled down in your seat, he turned around in his seat to look at you.

"No problem, (L/N)-san. You can always come to me if those girls bother you again." He said, grinning at you.

You felt your heart skip a beat when you saw his smile, and a sense of calm seemed to wash over you. Maybe what they said about this boy's smiles really was true. "O-Okay, thank you." You stammered, blushing slightly as he turned back to face the front. 'What was that?'

-short time skip-

"Hey, (L/N)-san!"

You turned to the sound of your name being called and saw your classmate Sugawara waving and running towards you in the hall. "Oh, Sugawara-san. What brings you here?" You asked him.

He laughed. "What do you mean what brings me here? I want to be friends with you of course!" He explained, his face lighting up with that big smile of his.

"Friends?" You didn't have any friends in this school. It was mostly because no one else wanted to become a victim of the bullying you were submitted to by that group of girls in your class, you figured. "Sure, I could use a friend."

"That's great!" Suga exclaimed. "Where do you usually hang out at lunch?"

"On the rooftop by myself, usually."

"Well now you won't be by yourself at lunch time because I'll be with you! I'm sure Daichi will understand."

"Oh, awesome." You said, smiling at him. You were kind of excited to eat lunch on the roof with someone else for once. It was... thrilling in a way. No one in this school had ever been so kind to you, other than the teachers, and it made you so happy to accept the invitation.

-time skip-

It had been about two weeks or so since you and Sugawara became friends. He had introduced you to the rest of the Karasuno volleyball team, and they all immediately took a liking to you, and you them. All except the one tall blonde with glasses who seemed annoyed at everything in the world. You and the grey-haired boy had gotten fairly close, and when you weren't talking face to face, you and him were texting.

When you were changing out your shoes before class one morning, a letter fell out of your locker. Confused, you opened it and read what was inside.

(L/N) (F/N)-san,

Today, after school, please meet me at the back of the school by the music building. There is something I would like to tell you, and it is very important that you be there.

Hope to see you after school,

Your secret admirer.

'A secret admirer? Who could that possibly be?' You wondered, putting the letter in your bag. As you put your shoes away, you saw Sugawara, who stopped in his tracks after spotting you. "Good morning, Suga-san." You greeted.

"Morning!" He said back. "What was that letter?"

You nervously clutched your bag tighter. "Oh, you... You saw that?" You asked.

"Yeah... You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. It's totally up to you!"

"No, it's okay." You decided to tell him the truth. "It was a letter saying to meet someone after school today because they wanted to tell me something important."

The expression on the grey-haired boy's face changed slightly for just a second before becoming his normal grin. You thought you had imagined it, but he looked a little sad. "Do you mind telling me where?"

"By the music building."

"Gotcha!"

The bell rang, so you closed your locker and started heading off to class with Sugawara. You were kind of anxious to find out what was so important that this mystery person wanted to tell you, and the day seemed to drag on.

-time skip-

It was now after school, so you began making your way to the meeting spot in the letter. You got to where you were supposed to meet your "secret admirer", but there was no one there. Puzzled, you looked around to try and spot them. "Hello?" You called. "Anyone there?"

Suddenly, you heard a sound from above you and tilted your head to look up. Widening your eyes in surprise, you were shocked and couldn't move out of the way in time before a bucket's full of water came splashing down on you, soaking through your uniform. You looked back up to see the girls who always bully you on the roof cracking up at your humiliation.

You felt tears well up in your eyes, and you started to turn to run away from the scene, but you collided with a body that held you in its arms. Tears streaming down your face, you looked up and saw that the one who was embracing you was none other than Sugawara Koushi, his normally calm and collected face full of anger as he looked up to were the girls were on the roof before they ran away. He let go and held you by the shoulders to look at you, his features softening. "Are you okay, (Y/N)-san?"

You didn't respond but instead wiped the tears from your face and stood there with your head down, water dripping from your skirt and your (h/c) hair. No matter how hard you tried, you couldn't stop the tears running from your eyes. Sugawara enveloped you in his embrace again, stroking your (h/l) hair softly, and murmuring to you that everything would be alright and that he was there for you. You wrapped your arms around him and buried your face into his shirt. Sniffling, you apologized to him. "Sorry, I'm getting your uniform soaked too..."

"No, it's okay. You did nothing to deserve what those girls have been doing to you, and this was the worst yet. I knew something was wrong with that letter, so I followed you just in case," He glared at the spot in the roof where the water was dumped again. The two of you stood there for a little while more while you calmed down in Suga's comforting arms, shielding you from the world. "Y'know, (Y/N)-san," He started, letting go of you and holding you by the shoulders again so he could gaze into your eyes. "I like you. I really do. Not like the fake confession set up by those girls."

He wiped a tear from your eye with his thumb, eliciting a blush from you. "R-Really?"

"Yes, really." He smiled at you. "So will you be with me as more than a friend?"

You returned a bright smile through the tears. "Yes, Suga. I will." You were locked in his embrace once again, and you felt at ease, like all the pain you had been enduring had been washed away by Sugawara's love.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayyee I found some time to write tonight so that's pretty rad. Thanks icetweaa for requesting! Requests are always open, so don't be afraid to send some in for characters and scenarios~

Thanks for reading and helping me hit 2K+ too omg I love you all qwq