『Boiling Point - Kuroo Tetsurou』

Kuroo Tetsurou. Third year in the same class as you. Captain of the Nekoma boys' volleyball team. Also, your crush. You've known him since your first year here, and this year he sat in front of you in class. He liked to turn around to tease you, or just to ask for help for math. Falling for him was totally unintentional, but as you became better friends with him, the deeper and deeper you fell. You went to Nekoma's volleyball games to watch him play and cheer him on, and he really appreciated it from the looks of it.

Recently, Kuroo seemed to be under a lot of stress. He hasn't actually told you, but he didn't seem like the type of person who would tell people about his problems if he had any. So for now, you laid off and didn't say anything about it. Though, you still tried to help him indirectly.

"Hey, (Y/N), you think you can help me with this problem?" Kuroo asked you, turning in his seat to face you.

"Oh yeah," You explained the problem to him. "This is actually really easy to solve, I'm surprised you needed me to help you. You feeling alright?" You asked, tilting your head to the side a bit in concern.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine," He said, waving the question off right away. "Just fine. Thanks." With that, he turned back around in his seat, resting his chin on his left hand, staring out the window.

'You don't seem fine to me...'

-time skip-

"Hey, Kuroo-kun!" You managed to catch up with the blackette after school, whom was currently walking home and talking with Kozume. "Ah, hello Kozume-kun." You greeted the other boy with a smile, and he looked up from his phone and nodded at you in response.

"Hello, (Y/N)-san." He said in his normal quiet voice.

"Oh hey there, (Y/N)." Kuroo turned away from you right after returning your greeting and continued along with Kozume, not bothering to wait for you.

The smile slowly faded from your face as you watched his retreating figure walking with the pudding-top. "Oh..." You contemplated following them and telling Kuroo off for blowing you off like that, but in the end, you decided against it. 'I mean, he did seem deep in conversation with Kozume-kun, it would have been rude of me to barge in like that...' You sighed and began to walk the other way to leave campus and go home. 'But still...'

As the days went on, Kuroo always seemed more tired than usual. He started coming to school with dark circles under his eyes, and he was dozing off in class more often. With this sense of lack of sleep that he was getting came more irritability.

"Kuroo-kun, are you getting enough sleep? Your circles are getting darker..." Concerned, you asked him about it before class started.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why don't you just worry about yourself more than spend so much time on me?" He snapped back over his shoulder, glaring at you through his bangs and then looking forward again right away.

Your eyes widened at the sight of his icy glare. You bit your bottom lip and clutched your pencil tightly in your hand, trying to bite back a retort fueled heavily by your emotions before you said it and regretted it.

-time skip-

Since then, it had been about a week since you last talked to Kuroo. You had just stopped talking to him completely in fear that his outburts would become worse. That day, there was a volleyball game later between Nekoma and a neighboring school. You thought about whether or not you should go, since you always went to the games. Would it be worth to see Kuroo?

You found yourself walking to the gym for the game anyways, finding a spot in the bleachers among other students and parents. Scanning the court, you spotted Nekoma's captain discussing strategies with his fellow team members. Kuroo broke from the team to shake hands with the opposing captain, and then the shrill sound of the referee's whistle cut through the commotion, signaling the beginning of the game.

-time skip-

Nekoma lost the game. Filing out with the rest of the crowd, you observed the team with disheartened looks on their faces as the opposing cheered on their side. You couldn't see Kuroo's face, but you knew this loss took a toll on him with his already heavy load of stress. Should you wait for him after and console him or go home? You felt that it'd be wrong to leave him like that, so you waited outside the gym until you saw the boys from the team exiting, changed and ready to go home.

You didn't see Kuroo among them, so you stopped Yamamoto when you saw him to ask where he was.

"Huh, Kuroo? Oh, yeah he's in the gym right now."

"Thanks, Yamamoto-kun!" Taking this tip, you went inside the gymnasium and sure enough, you saw Kuroo there sitting on the bleachers, having switched out his volleyball uniform for a pair of red Nekoma sweats, a white t-shirt, and a Nekoma jacket on top. "Kuroo-kun!" You called out to him, walking over.

He looked up at the sound of his name. "Oh, it's you. What do you want from me?"

You frowned at him and his tone of voice. "I just wanted to check on you to see if you were okay."

He stood up, his face contorting in a glare scarier than you've ever seen in your life. "Why do you always insist on asking me this same question? I'm perfectly fine, can't you see? I don't need you worrying about me all the time like my mother. Hell, it's annoying. Whatever is going on in my life is none of your damn concern, so just leave me alone already!" He was breathing heavily, his fists clenched tightly at his sides.

You were blown back by the steep level of harshness of his words. You felt the sharp stinging of tears in the corners of your eyes, but you wouldn't let them fall. Not here. "Kuroo-kun, I-"

He turned around, his back facing you now. "I said leave!"

You looked at him one last time, then turned and ran out of the gym, the tears streaming down your cheeks. You didn't stop until you got home. You went to your room, closed the door, and laid in bed, burying your face in your pillow, soaking it with tear. 'Kuroo, what happened to you to change you so much...?'

-Kuroo's POV-

"...Shit." The single word escaped my mouth in a breath as I heard (Y/N) running out the gym behind me. This feeling of my heart being strangled, was it from them or from my selfishness and the sheer amount of hurt that I just inflicted upon them? I went to the nearest wall, my anger and frustration flowing out, and hit the side of my fist to it. "Dammit, dammit, dammit!" I hit the wall repeatedly with every swear, my clenched hand growing red from the impact. I rested my head on the wall, feeling a wetness on my cheeks. Involuntarily, I choked out a sob. This wasn't supposed to happen. How could I just do that to (Y/N)? (Y/N)... "I'm so sorry..." I apologized silently even though there wasn't anyone else to hear. "I'm so, so sorry..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so, I have gotten a chance to leak my angst writings into here.  (◕‿◕✿) Originally, I was going to spare everyone from reading the angst I write with this series since every other one I write puts people on emotional rollercoasters (or so I hear) but this is good, huehuehue. Also I was listening to Drop Pop Candy the entire time I was writing this, ROFL. Total contrast, I know ahaahah. For ShadowYuko, thanks for requesting!