『My Annoying Coworker - Tsukishima Kei』

That smirking face. That annoying sneer. That stupid, blonde, beanpole. Man, he got on your nerves. And he knew it, too. Working at this cafe became a pain when your schedule got moved so you were on the same shift as him. Who was this boy who was the thorn in your side? Why, it was Tsukishima Kei. Best friends with yours, but you didn't get along with glasses-kun.

Sitting at a table with Yamaguchi while on your break, you rested your chin on your hand glaring at Tsukishima who was manning the register. "Why do you like him so much, Tadashi? I don't see the appeal of that guy."

"Maybe if you got to know him better, you could maybe find a way to like him, (Y/N)!" Yamaguchi offered before taking a sip from his hot chocolate.

You slammed the hand that was under your chin onto the table, louder than you meant to, turning some heads to your direction. "Hah?! Yeah right! There's no way I could ever like him!" You exclaimed, involuntarily pointing at Tsukishima for emphasis.

"Keep it down, (Y/N)!" The flustered Yamaguchi whispered quite loudly, embarrassed under the stares you were both receiving from the whispering people all around.

"Not like I'd ever like you either, idiot," Tsukishima said from behind the cashier. "If you're going to be talking like that, you could at least keep it at a quieter tone."

Yup, there was no way in hell that you would ever like Tsukishima Kei.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Good morning, may I take your ord-" You began, but stopped in the middle of your greeting when you saw who had just come to the front of the line. "Aren't you supposed to be working right now?"

"I could, but I'm on my day off," Tsukishima said matter-of-factly. "Now can you take my order or what?"

"Yeah, whatever. What do you want?"

"Now now, that's no way to treat your customers." He said, clicking his tongue.

Your eye twitched. You put on a forced cheerful smile and rephrased your question. "What would you like today, sir?" 

"There we go. Hmm, I'd like a slice of strawberry shortcake."

"One strawberry shortcake slice? Alright your total will be-"

"No, wait. I actually want a slice of chocolate cake."

You sighed, and changed the order. "Chocolate cak-"

"Actually wait no, I'll stick with the strawberry shortcake." He said, smirking at your obvious growing fury.

"Is that all you'll be having today, sir?" You asked, teeth gritted in your fake smile.

"Yes, thank you."

"That'll be-"

"I already know how much it costs." He gave you the exact amount of money for the cake and you gave him the receipt before he sat down in a booth.

You sighed, resting you head on your hand. Hearing the familiar jingle of a bell hung on the door to signal whenever someone entered, you saw Yamaguchi walk in. Smiling and waving to him, you watched him join Tsukishima at his booth. Go figure.

Not meaning to be an eavesdropper, you couldn't help but listen in on what they were talking about. You looked over at the two boys, blankly staring at them and wondering what they were talking about. Tsukishima seemed to take notice and began saying your name loudly in certain spots of the conversation.

Straightening up, you glared at his smirking face, before your replacement for the next shift tapped you on the shoulder so you could leave.

So annoying.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Oi, (L/N)! Caramel macchiato, three shots!" Tsukishima called. 

"Got it!"

Right now, it was only the two of you working, and it was a busy day. Your fellow coworkers had called in sick because, well, they were actually sick, so you had to work alone with the annoying one, rushing around to make drinks. 

When your shift had finally ended, you sat with Tsukishima at a booth, both exhausted. You had switched off between manning the register and making drinks or getting food to split the work. 

"Hey, that was actually some good teamwork there." You admitted.

"Yeah, good job." Tsukki praised, grinning at you and raising a hand for a high five.

You stared at it, surprised, before picking up your hand and slapping his. "Thanks, you too," You said, smiling at him in return. "Man, I want to just relax the rest of the day. Maybe go out with someone. Dates would be nice. Eh, I haven't gone on a date in awhile." You drabbled tiredly, to no one in particular.

"Cool, I'll pick you up at eight then. Here's my number." The blonde said, scribbling numbers on a napkin and sliding it to you before getting up and leaving the cafe.

You looked at the numbers confused, and snapped out of your tired daze. "Wait. What?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAHAHA THAT WAS KIND OF BAD, SORRY. For Seprado88, thanks for requesting!

heya, how are you guys? guess who doesn't want to go back to school tomorrow!! 

me uggughghhhhhh

#prayforzephii

i guess the pros is that i'm taking psychology this semester and that stuff is pretty cool actually

human brain stuff waow cool

UP NEXT:

- Kozume Kenma x reader

- Iwaizumi Hajime x male!reader

- Hinata Shouyou x reader

- Akaashi Keiji x reader

- Terushima Yuuji x reader 

- gucci boi- //cough I mean Yamaguchi Tadashi x reader (BLAME WHALEY FOR THAT NAME LMAO)