『Warrior - Akaashi Keiji』

The sun had aligned perfectly to cast a beautiful shine over the kingdom you observe from the high perch of the royal balcony protruding from your bedroom. 'Such a beautiful scenery,' you sigh to yourself, your brush leaving light hues of blue in its wake as it sweeps across the canvas you have sitting on the ivory easel sitting in front of you.

"Your Majesty."

A male voice interrupts the silence, and you turn in your stool to face the owner. He is kneeling with his head bowed, jet black wings tucked behind him, his white robes pooled around him on the floor.

"Your Majesty, I apologize for the interruption but I am here with news on the war."

"Status?" You ask.

"The Neko kingdom is rallying their forces to soon invade our royal city of Fukurodani. We tried to contact our neighboring city Karasuno, but it seems their reinforcements were intercepted by more enemy troops. General Bokuto is currently recovering our own forces. What is your plan, Your Majesty?"

You put a finger to your lips and close your eyes in thought. After moments, you give your orders. "Tell General Bokuto to get our forces to retreat. I can't afford anymore losses of the Tengu kingdom."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Akaashi, I want you to tell him one more thing."

"Yes?"

"Tell him to let them come to us."

"But Your Majesty-"

"That is an order, Akaashi."

Your tone and usage of his name make Akaashi bow his head lower. "My apologies, Your Majesty. I will get right to it."

"Good," You walk up to him and kneel by his figure. Gently raising his head by the chin to look at you, you plant a soft kiss on his forehead. "Be safe, Keiji."

"Yes, Your Majesty." He rises, bows, and walks to the balcony. Spreading his wings, he takes one step onto the railing and pushes, taking off into the sky to relay your message.

Looking back to him, you notice a single black feather left behind, standing out against the pristine marble floor. Picking it up, you look at it solemnly. 'Come back soon, Keiji.'

~*~*~*~*~*~

As Akaashi soars through the skies searching for Bokuto and his troops, he reaches up and touches his forehead where (Y/N) had kissed him. Being the royal strategist of the kingdom, he had a close relationship with Fukurodani's sovereign. They had always been affectionate towards him, and it was not long until Akaashi found himself falling in love with them.

If the ruler was looking for a relationship with Akaashi, it was unclear. There were many suitors waiting for their hand; they could easily pick from the group for a spouse. But still, Akaashi had a glimmer of hope that he couldn't smother.

Akaashi spent many nights in (Y/N)'s bedchambers, bringing up rumors within the palace but it was only to discuss plans in the war. He would have liked to discuss these strategies with the general, but he was always away in his own bedchambers to catch up on his sleep. Not that he minded his nights with (Y/N). Though, there were times where he wished they would call him for something other than battle plans.

Spotting Tengu troops in a camp below, Akaashi begins to land. "Excuse me, where can I find General Bokuto?" He asks a soldier.

"In the tent by the largest rock," She replies, gesturing in the direction.

"Thank you." He bows his head and makes his way to the tent. Ducking inside, he finds Bokuto sitting cross-legged on his sleeping mat and shining his helmet.