『A Senpai's Help - Shibayama Yuuki』

Shibayama sighed as he stared outside the window next to him. Class hadn't started yet, and everyone was still filing inside the classroom.

"Good morning Shibayama-kun!" Came a voice from next to him.

Recognizing who it belonged to, the ravenette perked up and greeted them with a smile. "Good morning (L/N)-san!"

"And how are you doing this fine morning?"

"Tired, a little sore from practice yesterday. Yaku-senpai was really pushing me hard," He laughs, bringing up his hand to rub the back of his neck, (Y/N) laughing in turn. "What about you?"

"Hm, slept late again last night."

"Of course. Doing what?"

"Reading fanfictions." They both say at the same time before bursting out in laughter at how in sync they are.

"Is there ever a time when you're not up reading?"

"Probably not, honestly."

The bell rings as the teacher walks into the room and begins class.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Inuoka, I don't know what to do," The first year says to his friend as they get ready for practice.

"Just tell them how you feel! It'll be a lot easier to get it off your chest than making yourself suffer like this."

"But what if (L/N) doesn't feel the same way?"

"Agh, stop worrying so much about it, man!" Inuoka pats him on the back rather aggressively, surprising him. "C'mon, let's get to practice now."

"R-Right, okay."

The two boys exit to the gym together to start their volleyball training.

"Hey, I bet if you ask Yaku-senpai for help he'll give you some." Inuoka suggests from across the net.

"Eh?" He dives for an incoming ball to save it from touching the floor before answering again. "But why?"

"Just do it. I'm sure he has good advice for you."

"Hmm, I'll do it later."

"Do it now!"

"Okay fine!" The ravenette straightens up and walks over to Yaku, who was just about to kick Haiba for most likely calling him short again. "Y-Yaku-senpai, I need some help with a problem of mine, do you think you can-"

The libero perked up at the sound of his name and immediately stopped what he was doing to address Shibayama. "Shibayama-kun, do you need help with receiving again?" He put his arm around the ravenette's shoulder and led him back to the court, grinning widely.

"Wait-"

"I'm always happy to help with your libero practice! I'm so glad you asked."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Panting and sweating, Shibayama sat against the wall to recover from his intense practice with Yaku. Looking up, he sees the upperclassman with a water bottle.

Tossing it to him, he praises him for his hard work. "You did a really good job out there, Shibayama. I'm proud of you."

"Thanks, but that's actually not what I was going to ask you for..." He says after taking a long drink of water.

"Really? What was it then?"

"So..." He brought his hand up to rub the back of his neck. "Well, there's this person in my class that I like, and I don't know what to do to show how I feel?"

"Ah, love problems." Yaku sat down next to Shibayama. "Well, what are they like?"

"They're cute, funny, kind and gentle," Shibayama smiled as the image of you formed in his mind. "They just really know how to brighten someone's day, y'know?" He looked over to see Yaku smirking at him.

"You're really in love with them, aren't you."

Shibayama blushed under the accusation. "Wh-What? No not at all!"

"Lies."

"...Okay you got me there. So what do I do?"

"Why don't you try giving them a gift of some sort?"

"Gift?"

"Yeah. Like sweets or something like that."

"But what if they don't like sweets?"

"Fine. What about flowers?"

"What if they don't like those either?"

"Ugh, Shibayama you can't overthink it. It's the fact that you care enough to get it for them that counts."

"Okay, okay. But what kind?"

"Just get one of those white ones that grow near the school, those are nice."

"Ooh, okay will do. I'm really nervous about it though, what if they don't accept?"

"Shhhh, don't think like that. You'll do fine, I know it." He claps his hand on his shoulder and gives him a thumbs up. "You got this!"

Shibayama's face brightens up with the encouragement of his senpai. "Thanks so much!"

"Anytime."

~*~*~*~*~*~

"(L/N)-san, I-I'd like to talk to you for a few minutes if I can!"

Looking up at the sound of their name, (Y/N) nods in acknowledgement. "Yeah, sure! What do you need?"

"Can we do this outside maybe?"

"Of course!"

The two walk outside near the Nekoma gym, Shibayama's face is beginning to heat up with anticipation and (Y/N) is slightly confused as to what is so important that this guy needs to lead them all the way to the gym.

He stops and takes a deep breath before turning to face (Y/N) with a serious look.

"(L/N)-san I've liked you for a long time and I hope you will accept this gift!" He confesses in a burst as he brings out a white flower that was hiding in his pants pocket and thrusts it in front of him. "A-Ah, sorry it's a little smush-"

"I love it!" They exclaim as they take it from his hand and wrap their arms around his neck, catching him off guard. "And my feelings are mutual too."

"R-Really?"

"Yeah!"

The ravenette grins in relief as he brings his arms up to hug (Y/N) back. Hearing soft giggling, he looks over (Y/N)'s shoulder to realize that he had just confessed his love in front of the gym doors. And from the doors was the rest of the team, watching and failing at being sneaky about it.

His face heats up even more as it sets in him that Oh my god, I just confessed in front of the rest of the team.

Yaku and everyone else give him a thumbs up in their support for their teammate's accomplishment.

"Thanks guys." Shibayama mouths to them.

"What was that?"

"Oh, nothing!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Request from quotev :). Who else has been keeping up to date with the new Haikyuu!! chapters bc literally I am S C R E AM I NG I CANNOT DEAL

@ furudate W H Y this is a freaking SPORTS manga why does it still bring me to tears qq

UP NEXT (I'm changing this to just go by three's now okay? Okay.)

- Tanaka Ryuunosuke x Reader

- Tsukishima Kei x fem!Reader

- Hinata Shouyou x Reader