『Ah, It's A Wonderful Cat's Life! - Haiba Lev』

What a cute young lady we have here!
Your pure white fur is so lovely and superb!
In this night with such a beautiful moon,
would you like to play together with me?

That cat is back tapping your window again. He doesn't wear a collar, unlike you signifying that Heis a stray. He once introduced himself as Lev on his attempts to get you to join him outside.

His grey fur shines against the moonlight as he starts meowing even louder. You pull at the curtain with your teeth to separate the two of you and jump down from the window to curl up in your bed below. As you close your eyes, you feel something touch your tail. Jolting awake, you hiss at the intruder with claws unsheathed as a warning. To your surprise, it is Lev, eyes widened in surprise and curiosity.

"Will you come with me tonight, (Y/N)-san?"

A cat can only live once,
so it's all about having fun.
Shall I tear that collar around your neck
to pieces with my teeth?

As Lev tries to convince you once again to leave with him into the world outside your haven, you turn away from him, flicking his nose with your tail.

"Go home, Lev-san."

"The whole world is my home! There's so much more to life than just staying in the same place every day. What do you get to do?"

"I play with my human, eat well, I can sleep comfortably, the list can go on. Why would I want to be a stray like you?"

Being a stray is the best! Meow, meow, meow~
I steal fish to eat, chase after pigeons,
and look down on the working humans from the roof,
where I doze off into a light nap.

"Come on out, it's fun!" He leaps back out the window and waits for you to join him, emerald eyes shining expectantly.

Without a second thought, you shut the window, separating the two of you. In protest, Lev meows with an incessant whining tone.

You should be free, too- Meow, meow, meow~
I'll introduce some great buddies to you.
Come now, open up that window,
and leap right out!

Lev beckons to you from the other side of the window, pawing at the glass. You stare at him one more time before pulling the curtain closed with your teeth and jumping back to the floor to continue your rest. You look up to make sure he left, but his shadow remains sitting beside the window. After some time, it seems he decided to leave, his shadow no longer seen.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Sleeping comfortably the next afternoon, you wake up to the sounds of the door to the house opening. 'It's my human!'

Greeting them with a purr and rubbing against their leg, you are given a scratch behind the ears in return, something you'll never get tired of. Walking with them to the kitchen, they take a can of your food out from the cabinets and open it. The delicious aromas of your favorite salmon blend waft to your nose as your human begins to put it in your food bowl.

As you eat your food, your thoughts wander to Lev. 'I wonder what kind of fish he eats. He says he steals them, which means he gets them fresh, right? My human also gives me fresh fish time to time... but does he have it all the time?' You shake your head, clearing the thoughts away. 'Who am I kidding? It's a much nicer life to have your food handed to you rather than having to steal it.'

That night, you hear tapping at your window again like last night. You sigh, already knowing who it is.

"Well if it isn't my favorite kitty cat, (Y/N)-san!" He purrs, as you open the curtains enough to reveal yourself. It's almost entirely dark outside aside from a few street lamps and the gleam of Lev's eyes.