『A Dream Come True - Iwaizumi Hajime』

(specified male!reader)

"(Y/N)... I love you."

A warm sensation spread across your face as you heard those words escape from his lips. Covering your mouth with your hand, you averted your eyes from his dark eyes, watching and waiting intently for your response. "Hajime... I love you too." You repeated back to him, your speech muffled by your hand.

Upon finishing, Iwaizumi's face inched closer to yours as he took your hand in his to move it away from your mouth. Closing your eyes, you felt his warm breath as he-

"AAAAAAA-!" You shot up in bed sweating and covering your flushed face. You touched your bottom lip lightly where Iwaizumi had kissed you in your dream. 'Damn, another one of those dreams... Why do they keep happening if it would never happen anyways?' Looking at the time and sighing, you rubbed your eyes and got out of bed so you could get ready for school.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Walking into class, you saw him. Iwaizumi Hajime was already in his seat in front of you taking his notebooks out of his bag. Gulping, you passed by and nodded your head to him. "Good morning, Iwaizumi-san."

"Ah, good morning to you too, (L/N)-san." He said back to you as you took your seat. Watching you slump over and rest your head on your arms crossed on your desk, he laughed. "What happened to you? Not sleep well last night?"

You kept your head down, not wanting to look at his face and go red after he appeared in your dream last night. "Hm, not really..."

"Well, that sucks. Hope you're okay for the rest of the day."

"Thanks..."

More students filed into the classroom, the teacher coming in soon after. As class continued, your mind couldn't help but wander until it settled on Iwaizumi. Staring at the back of his head, you noticed how his raven hair looked so soft to the touch, and struggled to refrain from reaching up and feeling it for yourself.

"(L/N)-san. Can you answer my question?" The sound of your teacher's voice calling on you snapped you back to reality.

"H-Huh?" Getting nervous over the sudden attention from everyone and the snickers from a few of your classmates, you looked to your hands on your desk to avoid the stares you were receiving. You weren't paying attention, but you knew it was some kind of math question. 'Crap, I don't know this...'

Iwaizumi leaned backwards in his chair, getting closer to you. "It's 53." He whispered to you discreetly.

"The answer is 53." You stated, earning a nod from your teacher.

"That's right, (L/N)-san." She said before continuing on with the lesson.

Iwaizumi looked at you over his shoulder, grinning and giving you a thumbs up. Blushing and smiling sheepishly, you thanked him quickly before turning your attention back to the teacher's lesson as to avoid any other embarrassing moments like that.

Lunchtime came around, and you decided to thank Iwaizumi properly for his help in class.

Gripping your bag tightly, you walked up to Iwaizumi, who was about to leave the classroom. "Er, Iwaizumi-san, thank you for earlier..." You said, and looked down at your feet. "You, uh, really saved me back there." Looking back up at him, you saw a smile on his face.

"Hey, anytime." He brought his hand up to rub the back of his neck. "Actually, do you think I can borrow your time to talk to you about something real quick? It won't take too long, I promise."

"O-Oh, yeah sure!"

"Alright cool, come with me."

With that, you found yourself by Aoba Jousai's gym with Iwaizumi. He turned to you, his face taking on a serious expression.

"I've been meaning to ask you this for some time now, but pardon me if I'm wrong." He stared into your (e/c) eyes, gaze unwavering. "(L/N)-san, do you... like me?"

Your eyes widened and you nervous laughter escaped from your mouth. 'Oh no, it's over now. If he finds out the truth, he'll think I'm weird, and everything will be so awkward and-' "Of course I do, you're a really nice friend!" 

He frowned. "That's not what I meant. You know exactly what I mean."

You shook your head furiously. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Clicking his tongue, the ravenette put his hands on his hips. "Well if that's how it's going to be, then I guess I'll have to say it myself. (L/N)-san, I've seen how you look at me in the classroom. Don't think that I don't notice these things. And your nervousness whenever you talk to me, see. You're even blushing right now."

'Dammit, he's right.' You didn't realize it until now that your face did indeed grow uncomfortably warm this whole time. Even so, you were scared. Scared of the truth. Scared of what would happen if Iwaizumi found out the truth. You took a deep breath, and quietly you admitted, "...Yeah, I do like you Iwaizumi-san. You probably think it's gross, but I can't help it, I'm sorry. You can, uh, leave now if you're done." You covered your mouth, looking away from him, feeling telltale pinpricks in the corners of your eyes.

Instead of leaving, he stepped closer to you, taking your hand away from your mouth and replaced it with a soft kiss. Bringing up his other hand to wipe a tear from your face with his thumb, he smiled, letting his hand rest on your cheek. "Hey, there's no need for that, okay? I like you too."

You looked up at him, still in shock from Iwaizumi's kiss. "Really?"

He embraced you, and you could feel his muscles from years of playing volleyball under his school uniform. "Really."

A few laughs escaped your lips, and he looked down at you with confusion.

"What's so funny?"

"It's just, I had a dream like this before. And now it's become true and I'm just so happy..."

"If that's the case, then I'm even happier too."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For lxnelyworld, thanks for requesting! iwaizumi is really handsome omg.

alright, now for an announcement regarding updates;

so i won't be updating this or any of my other works except for my journal thing (coffee & tea with zephii) for awhile bc i want to focus on drawing right now. i'm trying to get into the ap drawing class for next year in school, and you have to be accepted into that one with your art. i'm working on some new pieces that i can put into a portfolio, and hopefully i'll have a chance of getting in.

i'm not sure when i'll be back to updating, but until then--

~zephii

UP NEXT:

- Hinata Shouyou x reader

- Akaashi Keiji x reader

- Terushima Yuuji x reader

- Yamaguchi Tadashi x reader

- Shibayama Yuuki x reader

- Nishinoya Yuu x reader