『Dancing to Half Time - Akaashi Keiji』

The ballroom, couples spinning and swaying to the music from the orchestra.

One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four.

The violins, cellos, violas, and bass blend perfectly with the even tempo, filling the room with the serene melody.

The young man, donning a midnight blue suit stands by the wall sipping red wine from a glass cup. He doesn't know why he's here in this ballroom. He knows how to dance, but he doesn't do it.

Sighing and looking to his left, he spots them.

Standing by the table with small cakes and other assorted pastries arranged on the white tablecloth covered table, they are trying to not be noticed as they quickly take cake slice after cake slice and shove them in their mouth. Their immaculate grey apparel was beginning to be dotted with crumbs that they were trying to avoid.

He laughs softly as he observes their clumsy attempts at cleaning up. He walks over to them, offering a napkin to help them clean them up.

They look at him wide-eyed and bow, repeating thanks. They straighten up and take a moment to look at his face.

Deep green eyes, lightly tanned skin, raven black hair. He's beautiful.

He's a little unnerved under their stare, his cheeks are dusted with pink as he looks away.

One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four.

The tempo quickens as the orchestra moves onto another song.

The young man feels his heart beating at the same tempo.

Extending a hand, he asks a question.

"May I have this dance?"

He leads them by the hand, holding it delicately as they make their way to blend into the twirling masses of bodies.

Putting his hand on their waist, they place a hand on his shoulder, he takes their other hand in his. He looks down at them with a soft smile.

As they look up and see his face, they feel their heart flutter in their chest.

One. Two. Three. Four. One. Two. Three. Four.

Time seems to slow as they sway together in the orchestrated melodies. The sound wraps around them, swimming in their ears, embracing them.

One. Two. Three. Four. One. Two. Three. Four.

Their hearts are beating as one, tempo aligning perfectly.

The night continues and their dance goes on.

The orchestra soon gets to the end of their final piece. Tonight's dance has ended.

As they filter out of the building, the young man and his partner stop near the entrance's stone staircase.

The night's cold air is biting at their noses, and their breath can be seen in clouds in front of their faces.

"You know, I never caught your name at all tonight."

"Really now? My apologies. My name is Akaashi Keiji. And yours?"

"(L/N) (F/N). It was a pleasure dancing with you."

"And same to you. I hope we see each other again someday."

"Me too."

They begin to part ways, but the young man stops in his tracks. He turns around, and call out to them. "Actually, can that someday be tomorrow?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was actually thinking of doing a masquerade thing for this bc i was thinking about phantom of the opera but then i just went for regular ballroom dancing, sorry :< maybe next time i will ahaha

this is for tripsinternet, thanks for requesting!

i'm taking another break to continue drawing k next update might be in next week or longer sorry

ALSO THANK YOU FOR 44K+ READS ILY ALL <33

UP NEXT:

- Terushima Yuuji x reader

- Yamaguchi Tadashi x reader

- Shibayama Yuuki x reader

- Nishinoya Yuu x reader

- Tanaka Ryunosuke x reader