『Falling for You - Haiba Lev』

The Nekoma gym was squeaks, yelling, and the smack of volleyballs hitting the floor, per usual. You walked in to watch the volleyball team practice and was greeted by everyone. A certain someone seemed to perk up when he heard your name, and was even louder than usual. There was a particularly loud smack followed up an even louder yell, making you jump.

"YAHOO! Did you see that, (Y/N)-chan?" The tall spiker, Haiba Lev ran up to you excitedly. He was grinning broadly hoping that you caught a glimpse of him trying to show off in front of you. "I was totally awesome, right?"

"S-sorry, Haiba-kun, but I didn't see it..." You apologized, feeling a little overwhelmed by his enthusiasm. Upon hearing this, the boy seemed to deflate a little and you tried to comfort him. "I'll pay attention this time, okay? You should go back to the court and finish practicing, Kuroo-san looks like he's getting annoyed."

"Okay! You better be watching me then, (Y/N)-chan!" Haiba ran back to the court where he was scolded by captain bedhead.

You went and sat on the bleachers, taking out some homework so you could get that done while you watched. Looking up occasionally, you noticed Haiba looking at you with a light blush on his face. Making eye contact, you looked back swiftly to your homework. The boy was cute and all, and Yaku did tell you before that he's pretty sure he likes you. Maybe you liked him back too, but it wasn't certain that Haiba had a crush on you. Even with all his enthusiasm around you, maybe he was just looking for a girl to look cool for.

You looked back up just in time to watch Kozume set the ball which was then spiked by Haiba, who turned his head to make sure you were watching this time. You smiled and gave him a thumbs up, which was returned by a huge grin from him.

-time skip-

Practice ended so you exited the gym while they were cleaning up so you could go home. A little ways from the gym, you heard faint meowing coming from a tree. 'A cat?' You looked to the direction of where the meowing came from to find the cat high on the branch of the tree it was in. You groaned. 'I can't reach that... Maybe I can try if I jump high enough.' You attempted to jump and catch the branch the cat was sitting on, barely missing it every time.

"Hey, (Y/N)-chan! Whatcha doing over there?"

Hearing your name, you turned to the voice. It belonged to Haiba, good thing for you since he was so tall and could help you get the cat down. "Haiba-kun, good timing!" You waved him over and pointed at the cat. "Can you help me get this poor guy down from there?"

"(Y/N)-chan, you're too short to get it down yourself, aren't you?" He teased, earning a glare from you. "Kidding, kidding. Here, get on my shoulders." He said, getting down so you could climb on.

"E-eh? Are you sure about this?"

"Do you want to save the cat or not?"

"Fine, I guess there's no choice then is there..." You mumbled, blushing as you got on the taller boy's shoulders. He stood up fully when you got on, and you were amazed at how much height you gained. You knew he was tall, but not this tall. "Come here, kitty~" You tried to coax the cat over to your outstretched arms so you could get it down. To your surprise, the cat jumped over to you right away, but its claws were unsheathed. "What the- Ow ow OW! That hurts you jerk! I'm trying to get you down and this is how you thank me?!" The impact from the cat hitting you knocked your balance, causing Haiba to lose his too.

"(Y/N)-chan, we're going down-!"

You closed your eyes to brace yourself when you hit the ground, but you surprisingly landed on something that broke your fall. Opening your eyes, you looked down to see you that you were sitting on Haiba's chest. "Haiba-kun, are you okay?!" You asked worriedly, holding his face with both hands.

"Hey, (Y/N)-chan. I guess you could say I..." He grinned. "...fell for you."

You stared at him. "Haiba-kun, that was the worst pun I've heard today."

He puffed his cheeks out. "I tried, okay. But I really do like you, (Y/N)-chan." He said, turning his head to the side, his cheeks turning a light shade of pink.

"Funny, because I fell for you too. Pun unintended." You answered, also looking away.

He turned back to look at you, smiling from ear to ear. "Then, will you go out with me?"

"Yes, Haiba-kun. I will." You confirmed, leaning forward to hug him around the neck as he lifted his arms to hug you back.

"(Y/N)-chan, romantic as it is, can you get off me now please? It's starting to get a little hard to breathe."

"R-Right!" You almost forgot and blushed in embarrassment. You got up, allowing Haiba to rise as well from where he laid on the ground. You brushed off any dirt and leaves that had gotten on your clothing and found yourself in a proper hug from Haiba.

"You really are short, y'know." He said, laughing.

"Oh shut it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need more Haiba Lev in my life ;w; He's really like a lamp post though, I would feel so intimidated standing next to him because I'm only 5'3. Really sad, considering I'm in high school and all. Why do I have to be so tiny ;A; ALSO, REQUESTS ARE OPEEEEN. Please help me because I have trouble coming up with who to write about next.. QwQ

Thanks for reading!