『Always - Bokuto Koutarou』

When the world gets too heavy
Put it on my back
I'll be your levy

"Hey Kou, what's wrong?"

"Failed a test again, (Y/N). I'm so stupid." The boy is sitting on the front porch of his house, his arms wrapped around his knees and his read resting on top. He drops the crumpled paper that was earlier concealed in his fist on the ground when you move to sit next to him.

Picking it up, you see the number 32 written in red in the top corner of the page, indicating his score. Frowning, you put it back on the ground by his foot. You put a hand on the shoulder of your childhood best friend. "It's alright Kou, we just started our third year of junior high so you still have time to improve!"

"Yeah but," He sniffs as tears start to leak out of the corners of his eyes and he brings up his hands to wipe them away. "What if I just don't improve? What if I really am too stupid? What if-"

"Stop talking like that." You take his hands in yours, moving them away and smile gently at him as he stares into your eyes with his big golden ones. His cheeks warm with pink as you wipe a tear away from his eye with your thumb. "You're smart, okay? Don't be so hard on yourself."

He leans into your hand, keeping it in place on his cheek with his own. Closing his eyes, his lips turn up in a small smile. "Yeah, okay. If you tell me so, then I'll believe it." He kisses your hand, his lips barely brushing your skin. "Thank you, (Y/N)."

You are taking me apart
Like bad glue
On a get well card

Laying in bed, you can't help but to stay awake thinking about what had happened earlier that day. The soft kiss Bokuto left on your hand, the look on his face that you've only seen him make around you, just Bokuto in general. You took your pillow and smashed it onto your face, groaning into it and rolling onto your side.

It was always you
Falling for me
Now there's always time
Calling for me

You had known for awhile that Bokuto had developed a huge crush on you. Honestly, it was quite obvious to not only you, but everyone around. He wasn't the most subtle of people.

It all began when you two met in primary school as small children. For him, it was love at first sight, as some might've called it. You had always believed it was just him being a child with a heart that was easily swayed. But as you both grew up together, his interest never left.

You had convinced yourself that you were only interested in Bokuto platonically. But everyday, something new seemed to be happening that contradicted what you told yourself.

I'm the light blinking at the end of the road
Blink back to let me know

Bokuto Koutarou was in love with his best friend (L/N) (F/N). It was a love that had lasted throughout the years from when they were kids, continuing to the present. (Y/N) was the light to his day, someone he always looked forward to being with.

He really did hope that someday they would return his feelings, though. He was alright knowing that they didn't; He wouldn't force them to anyways. But he still had the glimmering hope that one day, they would be together and he wouldn't have to hold himself back so much around them anymore. The stunt he pulled earlier in kissing their hand was an accident. He didn't mean to do it, and now he hopes that he didn't just ruin their relationship.

He sighs heavily and turns over in bed and tries to sleep, his head filled with (Y/N).

I'm a fly that's trapped
In a web
But I'm thinking that
My spider's dead