『Poetry - Nishinoya Yuu/Tanaka Ryuunosuke』

"Noya! Guess what!" Tanaka shouts, running to the small libero currently getting a ball from the volleyball cart.

Perking up at his name, he turns to look over to Tanaka's direction. "Ryuu? What's up?"

Having reached his destination, Tanaka grins at his friend. "I have something to tell you."

"Oh hey, I actually had something to tell you too!" Nishinoya replies, gasping in amazement.

"Really? then let's tell each other at the same time!"

"Okay. One, two, three!"

"I'm going to ask (L/N)-san out!"

The two boys stare at each other in equal amounts of surprise.

"What?"

"Excuse me, you're asking who out?"

"I'm asking (L/N)-san! Screw off, Noya!"

"I was going to ask them first! I probably got the idea before you did!"

Tanaka puts his hands on his hips and closes his eyes in thought before continuing. "Well, you know what this calls for."

"What? For you to back off and let me date (L/N)-san?"

"Ye- No! I was going to suggest we have some kind of competition."

"I hear that that's what two of the captains at the training camp did to them before. What kind of competition are you thinking of?"

"I dunno, but it has to be romantic. That's what they like, right? What about poetry?"

"Poetry?" Noya hums to himself. "Man, I'm bad at poetry..."

"It's okay, I am too. It's the thought that counts, though." Tanaka points out, grinning. "So, do we have a deal?" He holds his hand out.

Tentatively, Nishinoya takes his hand and shakes it. "Fine. Deal."

"Then may the greater man win!" 

~*~*~*~*~*~

As you walk into homeroom, you notice Nishinoya furiously erasing something in his notebook, rewriting, and erasing it again. Curious, you go over to his desk to try and see what it is from over his shoulder. 

"Good morning, Noya-kun."

Startled, he jolts and quickly covers his notebook with his arms. Looking back at you nervously, he replies. "O-Oh! Good morning (L/N)-san!" 

Tilting your head at him, you ask, "What's with the notebook?"

"Huh? Oh, this thing? Nothing."

"That doesn't look like nothing to me." You imitate his vigorous erasing from a few moments ago.

"It really is nothing! Don't worry about it (L/N)-san!" He insists, blushing. 

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'm sure."

Your teacher walks into the classroom, signaling for you to sit down in your seat now. 

Moving to your seat, you leave Noya to his notebook.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Ryuu, oh my god."

"What? Something happen?" Tanaka asks, concerned.

"Yes. (L/N)-san almost caught me writing my poem to them this morning."

"Did they?"

"No, I covered it up in time."