『First Meets - Kozume Kenma』

There you were in your room, sitting in bed using your laptop per usual. You were on Skype talking to your best friend through IMs, telling her about the next Nekoma high volleyball match that you wanted to watch with her. Pressing enter and waiting for her response, you suddenly got a message from one of your friends you met online and only talk to through IM. They were one of those people who don't put their real name on Skype, so you only knew him by KenNyan. Confused as to why his message was related to the one you sent to your friend, you realized that you accidentally sent it to him, not (best friend's name).

KenNyan > if you dont mind me asking, do you go to nekoma high? i do and im on the volleyball team, just in case you think im some random person trying to kidnap you or something.

You > Yeah, I do too :0 How have we not met before? Which one on the team are you?

KenNyan > kozume kenma. number 5, setter with blonde and black hair.

You > That's you? Your name makes more sense now lol.

KenNyan > lol yeah. how about we meet up sometime? i have practice tomorrow, why dont we meet then?

You > Sounds good, can't wait :D

KenNyan > me too. well, i have to go to sleep now, so ill talk to you tomorrow then?

You > Yeah okay, good night then!

KenNyan > good night.

This was a huge surprise to you. Your friend that you had only known online attends the same school as you, what a coincidence! You had seen him when watching the Nekoma volleyball games before, if he really was who he said. He seemed like he would be really quiet in person compared to how talkative he was online, but you would find out for sure when you actually met him.

-the next day-

Class ended and you went over to the gym to meet your friend for the first time in real life. You saw a boy with blonde and black hair and wearing the Nekoma volleyball team uniform standing outside the gym, seemingly waiting for someone. 'This must be him.' You thought, as you sped up a little bit to meet him. You waved and he returned with a small wave. "KenNyan?"

"Y-yeah," he answered in a soft voice. He was shy, just like you thought he would be. "But you can just call me by my actual name now that you know it. So you're (Y/N)-san?"

"Yep! Nice to meet you in real life, Kozume-kun!" You said, extending a hand to him.

"Nice to meet you." He replied, taking your hand and shaking it a little.

"Kenma! Practice is starting!" Came a voice from in the gym; it was most likely the captain's.

"Well, I gotta go then," Kozume said, turning around to go in the gym. He looked at you from over his shoulder. "Do you want to stay and watch? You don't have to if you don't want to."

You thought for a moment and decided to follow him inside. "I'd like to watch you play." You smiled at him and you could have sworn you saw a hint of pink on his face before he turned his head again. He was actually kind of cute in person. He seemed cute to you online from how he would talk in the chat, but now your opinions on him were even better.

As you watched the volleyball team practice, you noticed that Kozume kept looking up at you on the bleachers. It was probably the sensation of meeting your online friend in person for the first time and finding out you go to the same school, which was new to you too. It was weird that you had been watching them practice and play in matches, but you had never known that your internet friend was a part of the team. You kept your eye on Kozume as he played, setting in his calm manner and earning his side points by setting up the spikes. He wasn't loud like some of the other members of the team, but you liked that about him.