Chapter 3: Lightning Strikes

Lauren's POV
I woke up at about 2 in the morning because of the thunder storm that was going on outside. I got up and read a bit of Paper Towns and tweeted out, "Can't sleep, thunder is mean!! :(" and layed down again and tried to sleep. I suddenly heard running footsteps down the hallway and my door swung open after a huge rumble. I saw alittle body dive into my bed under the covers and shuffle it's way towards my body.

"Smiley Riley?" I asked smirking as I called her by her nickname.

"Mhmmm..." She said shivering a bit.

"You scared?" I asked holding her little body.

"No....yes....no..." She said whimpering.

"Come here." I said lifting her from under the covers, "You okay?" I asked wiping hair from her face.

"No, I'm DEATHLY afraid of thunder!" She said and screamed when thunder hit again.

"Oh baby, it's okay I've got ya." I said holding her and keeping her safe. We've gotten really close over the weeks and I'm glad she's here with us, "Why didn't you go to your mommy?" I asked rubbing her back.

"She was sound asleep and I didn't wanna wake her." She said.

"Awe, I'm glad you came to my room though." I said smiling down at her and she smiled back.

"Me too." She replied.

"Want me to read to you until you fall asleep?" I asked.

"Would you?" She asked excitedly.

"Ofcourse! Okay, Paper Towns, Finding Alaska, Twilight, or 50 Shades of Gre-....actually scratch the last one." I said giggling at the thought of me reading a 5 year old 50 Shades of Grey!

"Paper Towns!" She said excitedly. I started reading a bit to her and heard snoring soon after 15 pages and read the final quote,

"'You have to get lost, before you get found'" I whispered and layed down with her. I started drifting to sleep when I heard a little voice in my ear.

"LoLo?" She asked.

"Riles." I said smiling.

"Can I tell you a secret?"

"Ofcourse!"

"Okay, I love mommy and all of the girls and you." She said and I smiled at her telling me a secret I already knew.

"I love you too Smiley Riley." I said and kissed the top of her forehead. "It's not a secret though, your love is magical and everyone knows because you're an amazing and loving little girl." I said and she kissed my cheek. She fell asleep and I stayed up still with a thought in the back of my head.

"Can I tell you a secret too?" I asked to basically no one but myself because Riley was asleep.

"I love your mommy too..." I said and fell asleep after the storm ended.