Chapter 32: Baby

Ally's POV
In the morning I went over to Lauren's room, to see if she was ready to take me to the doctors. I went in and she was all ready and we headed out.

"Nervous?" She asked on the ride there. She was driving while I was in the passenger seat, frantically shaking my leg.

"Yah, just alittle." I said honestly. She grabbed my hand and kissed it which made me smile. We finally arrived at the hospital and I sat down while Lauren checked me in, since we made an appointment yesterday.

"All checked in! Wanna play Angry Birds?" She asked making me giggle. I nodded and we played for about 5 minutes until Dr. Quinn came out.

"Allyson?" She asked and I rose my hand awkwardly like how I would in school, and walked over to her.

"Ready?" Lauren whispered to me walking to the office. I nodded and we finally made our way in.

"Okay Ally, just lie down on the table and I'll put this gel on you, which is alittle cold." When she applied it on my stomach I giggled alittle because it tickled and then she put this weird saucer looking medical thing on my stomach. She moved it around and looked confused at the screen, which made me worry.

"E-Everything okay?" I asked looking at the screen she was looking at.

"Uhh, yah. I'll be right back." She said and I looked over to Lauren.

"I'm sure it's nothing." She said, obviously lying. Soon after she left, she came back in with a male doctor.

"Hi Allyson, I'm Dr. Cane, I'm just going to check the ultra sound real quick." He said and I nodded. He looked around and frowned in dissapointment.

"Umm, you can remove the gel." He said handing me a paper towel. After I removed it all, I sat up and grabbed Lauren's hand.

"Ally, I'm sorry to say, but you lost the baby." He said and my stomach sank.

"H-How do you know? I didn't even bleed. It's only been 1 week too." I said rambling on.

"Well, the baby was so small that it didn't have blood to show you that you lost it. This happens a lot Ally, but I am truly very sorry." He said rubbing his forehead. A part of me was sad, lonely, and empty inside. Another part of me was fine, and felt like nothing happend. I started crying a bit, feeling the empty, alone part of me. Lauren attomatically hugged me and Normani, Dinah, and Camila walked in with Riley, probably planning to surprise me.

"Mommy!" Riley yelled and hugged me tight, hurting my stitches alittle.

"Tia Dee said that you have a surprise." She said looking up at me with big eyes. I wanted to continue to cry, but I had to be strong. For my baby.

"Yah mija, I got you a new dolly!" I said, which meant I had to go out and buy her a new Barbie and Ken doll.

"Yay!" She yelled and I lifted her on the table to sit next to me.

"Okay, well it looks like everything is fine! See you in two weeks to get your stitches out!" Dr. Quinn said to me while winking, knowing that I hadn't told Riley yet. I faked smiled and waved good-bye with Lauren while the rest of the girls looked confused.

"I can take Riley. Lauren, go back with the girls. I'm going to take Riley out for brunch!" I said smiling with my little girl holding my hand.

"Umm, any news?" Dinah asked looking me up and down.

"Lauren will tell you in the car." I said smiling and nodding, holding back tears. Riley and I waved good bye and I buckled her in her car seat. When I entered my front seat I tried to get my mind off of the baby I just lost, and it just made it worse. I started quietly crying, then whimpered which made Riley look up.

"What's wrong mommy?" She asked concerned.

"Oh nothing baby, ready to go to Waffle House!?" I asked, staying strong for Riley.

"Yay! Waffles!" She yelled and started doing her cute little dance when she's happy.

"What are you doing baby!?" I asked giggling at her silliness.

"Doin' my waffle dance!" She said and started swaying back and forth. I then started copying her and chanted, "waffle dance! Waffle dance! Waffle dance!"

We got to the Waffle House and I asked for a booth for two. We were lead to our booth and I got a text from Dinah, Lauren, Normani, and Camila in four seperate messages.

Lo😉😘💖: Just told the girls, they're pretty dissapointed...

Mils💞🍌: OMG ALLY IM SO SORRY! WE WOULDVE NVR TAKN RILES IF WE KNEW!

DMac😎💘: Dawg I'm so dang sorry! I had no idea! Like fr wtf sooooo sorry mama!

Mani🐻💓: Ally I'm so sorry! We'll get through this! Together!😢

I just ignored all the texts, it was me and my baby's time. The waiter came over and we both ordered waffles with eggs and bacon on the side.

"Mommy?" She asked.

"Yah mijita?"

"Why were you in a baby office?" She asked and caught me off guard.

"Uhh, what do you mean?" I asked playing dumb.

"I saw baby pictures everywhere, I just took a guess." She shrugged.

"Well," I started, planning to be completely honest with her, "mommy had a baby inside her, but it's g-gone now. Like it was invisible!" I joked, but holding back tears.

"Ooh!" She said giggling and I wiped away the tears forming in my eyes. I looked at the beautiful miracle I had in front of me, and all that sadness, and depression, and emptiness had gone away. I already had my baby. Right in front of me.