13

Jennie is standing around the corner of the building with Irene and Seulgi. The brown-haired girl has been accepting compliments from new friends for about five minutes, and, in general, has nothing against it: she is pleased that they liked it.

-Hi.

The girls turn around. Eunchae is standing a few meters away from them. Irene makes a face, not understanding what the fuck she's doing here, and Jennie has to smile politely, because it's partly her own fault.

-You're so cool.- Eunchae takes quick steps forward, and Jennie just manages to open her mouth, but before she can say anything, she is hugged tightly.

"What the fuck?" Jennie mouths, looking at her friends.

-Well, thank you.- Kim tries to unhook the girl from her as gently as possible, patting her on the back.- Thank you, Eunchae.- She repeats, finally pulling away from her.

-Do you like girls? You know, sometimes I do too.

-Yes? Great.- Jennie purses her lip awkwardly.

-What are you doing tomorrow?

-What?

-You...

-Eunchae, could you leave us?- Irene intervenes, stepping between them.

-I'm not talking to you.

-You're not Jennie's type. You can ask someone like yourself out on a date. Some kind of psychopath.

-If I'm a psychopath, maybe then you shouldn't be rude to me?- Eunchae's face turns menacing, and Jennie purses her lips to keep from smiling. It all looks a little weird and very awkward for her.

-Oh, fuck you, stupid.- Irene rolls her eyes and grabs Jennie's hand and wants to leave there.

-I finally found you!- Everyone turns around and looks at the guy who comes around the corner.- I've been looking for you. Hi.

-Hi, Jay.- Irene smiles warmly and sincerely, which gives Jennie a sign that he is her friend or a good acquaintance.

Jay's brown eyes look at Jennie and then at Eunchae. And there is bewilderment in this look.

-She's already leaving.- Irene pushes Eunchae in the back.- Get out of here.

Kim raises her hand and, as if apologetically, smiles and waves at her. Eunchae smiles back and leaves.

-Fuck, that was weird.- Irene exhales.

-Come on. Be kind.- Jennie hugs her.

-If you're so kind, then go on a date with her.- Irene laughs.- No, Jennie, seriously, she's not normal, and stay away from her.

-I agree. I'm Jay.- The guy holds out his hand, and Jennie shakes it.- You sang great.

-Thanks.

-I organize a party for special people. Will you go?

-Didn't last year teach you anything?- Seulgi asks.

-I'm telling you, it's only for special people. I won't be drinking anymore, collecting half of the camp. Will you go?- He stares down at Jennie.

Jennie often finds fault with the appearance of young people when she sees them as guys rather than potential friends, but this boy with long eyelashes definitely suits her taste. He's handsome. Jennie does not hold back a flirtatious smile, and the young man, catching this, smiles even wider.

-Then let's go.

-He's handsome.- Jennie whispers in Irene's ear.

-Fuck, of course. He was the captain of our school team until he got injured a year ago. He started drinking and smoking. He graduated from high school. Do you like him?