25

Roseanne barely opens her eyes. She didn't even get close to enough sleep. She wants to send everything to hell and hide under the covers, but she knows that in half an hour there will be another knock on the room, and then they will come in to make sure that they are ready. The girl gets out of bed, sighing. She doesn't even need to look at Jennie to know that the girl hasn't gotten up. She doesn't even move.

Rose never woke Jennie up. It's none of her business that the roommate will then run like crazy, and sometimes even with wet hair, because there is simply no time to dry her hair with a hair dryer.

If only Jennie knew how hard Sana tried to come much later, when the table was completely empty. So that no one would see her walk past an empty table and not sit down. Only her friends could notice this, because by and large no one cares. Hardly anyone notices everything she does. She only imagines it in her head. That time, when Sana arrived earlier than usual and the table was empty, questions from her friends began to pour in, and in order to avoid the humiliating admission that she did not really want to get involved with Jennie, she took a table. And she left Rose sitting there to deal with this issue. It's unlikely that Jennie is rushing to the dining room to come earlier and avoid quarrels. Who knows.

Now the blonde decides not to leave it until the second arrival of the counselor, because Jennie not only went to bed late, she was too drunk. It is unlikely that anyone will get up easily after that. Kim was more sober last time.

-Hi.- Rose sits down on the edge of the bed.- How are you?- She asks without even seeing the girl's face. Jennie with her head under the covers.- Should I give you some water? Should I give you a pill? Hey?- Rose carefully removes the blanket from Jennie's head.

-I feel bad.- Jennie croaks, without opening her eyes.- My head...

Rose gets up and leaves. She returns with a glass of water and a pill. The blonde puts her hand on the girl's shoulder and gently strokes it.

-It's not a hangover.- The girl responds faintly.- I feel like I'm dying.

Rose touches her forehead and immediately pulls her hand back. It's not that she's burned, but Jennie's head is too hot.

-You seem to be ill. I warned you. Damn it.- Rose stands up and looks around in confusion.- I don't have any medications,. I'll let Seokjin know, he'll call a doctor.

-Thanks.- Jennie opens her eye slightly, and then runs a sluggish movement along the blonde's leg.- You're so sweet...

Rose squats down, peering into Jennie's one open eye:

-I'm sorry. Go to sleep, someone will come to you soon.

Wearing her favorite shorts, Rose prepares to leave the room.

-No!- Jennie screams too loudly for a dying girl.- You're not going anywhere like that. Put it on.

Roseanne stands silently and stares at the pale but formidable brown-haired girl.

-I can't.- She answers uncertainly. She needs to leave, and it takes time to explain.

-Listen.- Jennie falls back onto the pillow.- No one will doubt you if you are in it. No one will take care of you, nobody gives a fuck. Don't you get it yet? Well, except for me, of course.- Kim laughs hoarsely.- It's enough for you to let the coach know once that you are not limited in anything, that the injury was a long time ago, and that's all. Trust me.

Rose bites her lip. For the last six months, all she had heard was: don't lift, don't jump, walk slower, sit down. At first, the doctor at the hospital told her all sorts of things, then another doctor, then a physiotherapist, and then her mother. Her mom said that all the time. Even when Rose gradually began to return to training and run slowly but far, her mother's voice sounded in her head. It sounds in this camp too — every time she runs or plays. Even now, Mom's voice echoes Jennie's. Well, it's not that everyone doesn't care, but that it needs to be worn.