37

Returning, Jennie notices that Eunchae is waiting for her. She's not in the mood to talk about anything right now. She can only hope that Eunchae will be brief and will have time to say everything she wants on the way back.

But the girl doesn't say anything. They walk in silence. Jennie doesn't understand the reason for this silence a bit, and she gets curious.

-You wanted to say something.- She finally says, stopping.

-Well... - Eunchae looks around.- There's not enough time for that. It won't work. Let's talk another time.

-Okay.- Jennie is moving on again. She's not really interested.- What do you at least want to talk about?

-About the rumors about me. It seems like that's why you're like this.- Eunchae tries to track the brown-haired girl's reaction, and, noticing that she is not going to answer, continues.- We could be friends. I know what they think of me. I'm sure we could become friends. I would like to. You're very cool, I know. There shouldn't be any secrets between us, so I wanted to...

-Eunchae.- Jennie interrupts, stopping again. She sighs, looking away, and then, gathering her thoughts, returns her attention to the girl, frowning at her face.- I also really want to be honest and I really don't want to offend you. I treat you well, despite what they say about you. Eunchae, we could hardly be friends. No offense, but that's how I see it. More precisely, I don't see you as my friend.

-I know.- Eunchae answers quickly, smiling.- Oh, come on.- She waves her hand, noticing the bewilderment on Jennie's face.- I like what you say, what you think. I appreciate it. And I know everything, but you're sure we can't, and I'm sure we can. I could follow this Rose with you. You should be wary of her, people like her are harmful.

-Eunchae.- Jennie sighs loudly and walks forward.

-At least listen to me.- Eunchae interrupts her.- Please.

Jennie has to stop again because the girl is frozen behind, waiting for an answer:

-Okay. Let's talk after practice... no, let's talk now. Let's go.

Jennie turns into the depths of the forest to find a place to sit down. It seems to her that it will be more convenient to listen to what Eunhcae is going to say: standing is more difficult to hide the feeling of awkwardness, she does not even know where to put her hands when communicating with Eunchae one-on-one. Her hands are forever folding into a lock. And when she's sitting down, she looks more at ease. She urgently needs to sit down somewhere.

Rose was right about something. In the sense that Jennie understands that it would be great if Eunchae would fall behind and find a new hobby. But Jennie herself is still ready to give Eunchae the opportunity to figure it out on her own. After all, there wasn't much of her in two weeks. Kim is confident that she can maintain this distance, and there is no need to rudely dismiss this girl.

The girl takes a joint out of her back pocket and sits down on a log.

-Do you want this?- She kindly offers, confident that Eunchae will refuse, despite the fact that not so long ago she tried to buy a joint from her. It was just an excuse to talk. Probably. There is a pause before Eunhcae answers and Jennie watches her closely. She wonders if Eunchae remembers it at all.

-No.- The girl goes to the tree and sits down on the ground, pressing her back against it.- I'm allergic to a lot of things. Some medicines contain things that are fatal to me. That's what Mom says. I can't even drink painkillers. I'm not sure I'm going to die, but one day I felt so bad that I thought about it.

-Because of the pills?

-No.- Eunchae smiles wryly.- A pill would have helped me just fine. I had to endure it.