35

Rose is sitting in her room and sending messages to her friend with the names of the girls. She got a list with names, surnames and phone numbers. Now she is the captain of one of the teams, and this list is just a solution to many future problems for her. Anyway, that's what Rose thinks.

Her friend, of course, will be a little shocked by the number of names, but he won't refuse. She'll pay him later. She always pays handsomely for his help.

These three days have been just perfect. She was quickly chosen as captain. The vote was unequivocal. She and Rei. The voices were divided. Rose didn't like it very much. Obviously, she's better than this Rei. But this is tolerable: not everyone who voted at that time saw Rose in action. And so far she has not performed the functions of a captain. She won't be silent now. Her team will be better. She will be the best. She's already the best, it's just that everyone will see it.

Jennie has already made a full recovery. Rose is glad. She could finally be alone with her. The nurse never let them stay together for more than fifteen minutes. But she allowed the blonde to come three times a day. Jennie was already feeling better yesterday, and Rose realized that the nurse didn't allow it just out of principle, and not because Kim is very ill.

Rose missed her. It was the first time she had missed someone so much. Just like she missed volleyball for the first few months. Then came humility and patient waiting.

Texting Jennie, she only thought about how much she wanted to hug her, kiss her. How much she wants her. She ran to the ward, but the only thing she could afford was to hug the girl. She couldn't even kiss her. Maybe Jennie is right, and Rose is not cooperative with her.

Rose knows where this lack of confidence in her actions comes from. What prevents her from touching and kissing Jennie anytime she wants. For example, all the time when she's around. She doesn't want to impose. If she sticks around all the time, then Jennie will think... What will she think? That they're a couple? After all, this is normal in a relationship. Rose doesn't want to look like that... She doesn't want to be like Yerim, who did it at every opportunity. There was too much of her. Sometimes she had to endure it. Rose doesn't want Jennie to put up with it. A brown-haired girl should want it herself. And if she didn't kiss when Rose came, then she didn't want to. Yerim loved, so she did it. Rose is in love, so she wants to do it. Jennie... She shouldn't see in Rose what Rose saw in Yerim. No way. But Jennie hugged her. She hugged her often, and it became the norm, so Rose could afford it. Yesterday, on her third visit, she hugged Jennie first. Jennie also hugs Irene often. It's all right for her. It's called friendship. All this forced the blonde to be bored, to want and to think. Think about it and about volleyball. Everything seems to be fine. It's only a matter of time before she gets everything she wants. She'll wait.

It's time to go to training. Rose quickly adds the last name, sends an SMS and turns off the phone.

Approaching the sports field where they practice, Roseanne notices that the girls are crowded and discussing something. As she gets even closer, she sees Jennie at the epicenter. The girls, surrounding her, are discussing something amicably. She hears, "Thank you," "You're great," and all that sort of thing. It looks like they can finally thank her personally for firing Jungkook.

Jennie is surrounded by attention. Rose doesn't mind. She stops at the back of the crowd next to Irene and Seulgi.

-It's amazing. I'm even jealous.- Irene says, addressing the blonde, but not turning in her direction.- And you?- Irene finally looks at her.- They're thanking her, despite your vehement protest speech.

-I didn't protest.- Rose frowns.- Fuck off.- She waves it off, smiling.

Rose sees that the brown-haired girl notices her. Pushing the girls aside, Jennie walks up to her and takes her hand. Rose's heart skips a beat and seems to jump into her throat, starting to beat a rhythm there.