52

-Holy shit.- Lisa shakes her head in shock.- You can't be left alone for a minute.- She rubs her forehead, still looking at the phone screen.- You... what is this all about? What kind of drama is this, Rose?

-What are you talking about?- Rose guiltily bites her lower lip and, avoiding eye contact with her friend, looks around the hospital room.- I do what I think is right.- She says firmly, finally meeting her gaze. Lisa looks too judgmental.- Okay, what's wrong? If you love someone, let him go! This is such wisdom.

Lisa arches an eyebrow and looks at Rose like she's a fool.- Actually, that's not what they meant. She holds out her phone.- It is necessary to let go in order to make a person happy. She doesn't look very happy.

-That's for now.- Rose rolls her eyes, letting her friend know that she doesn't understand anything.- Then she will be happy. Isn't that the point?

-I don't understand.- Lisa looks at her from under her brows.- Are you serious now? In any case, she will be happy without your help. Then. People are happy and unhappy, and in general they are like zebras. Something like that.- She gets up from her chair, walks over to the couch, sits on the edge and stares into the eyes opposite.- That phrase means that by letting go you will make a person happy. Now. For example... For example, you love, but she doesn't or not so much. And you can stop being selfish and let her be happy with someone else. Do you understand? Or you can be selfish and try to keep her.- A grin suddenly appears on her face.- I explained it to a guy once. He was very intrusive. I had to delve into this issue.

-I see.- Rose says incredulously. Lisa has a lot of boyfriends... someone really doesn't want to break up. Suddenly Rose understands the logic, and her face lights up and her eyes light up. She looks at Lisa, then at the phone. Her eyes immediately dim and her face stretches.- Fuck...

-It's okay.- Lisa waves her hand casually.- It can be fixed. Just apologize to her.

-Apologize?! I have apologized so many times that it has already become something not just ordinary, but an everyday action. For me, my apology has already been devalued. No... It would be stupid at all.

-Were you apologizing? This is something new, baby.- Lisa laughs.- Really? Wow.- The smile on her face freezes.- What now, don't apologize at all after that?

Rose sighs heavily. She watches as her friend sits down more comfortably and lifts the blanket. Lisa examines the blonde's knee, the swelling from which has not yet subsided, and also sighs heavily.

-Sometimes it hurts a lot, sometimes it is tolerable. It's tolerable now.- Rose says, ahead of the question that her friend still doesn't dare to ask.

-I don't know what to say.- Lisa looks away pityingly.- I've been wanting to ask all the time... You're still not saying anything.

-What do you say?- Rose is getting annoyed.- Again. On the second round. It's not a big deal.- She's lying. She assured her mother and would assure her friend, if necessary, that everything was fine. The fact that she is ready to go through all this a second time. In fact, she doesn't believe it herself. She doesn't have the strength to do it. No. She just doesn't have a choice. She can't get up and walk away from here. She has only one option — to endure.

-I remember everything.- Lisa suddenly becomes gloomy and unusually serious.- It was hell. And now you're lying there and you're like, "Oh, I'll go through this again." Why are you doing this?

-What should I do?- Rose doesn't have time to pull herself together.- What should I do?! Do I need to whine? Should I complain? Do I have to tell you and Mom that I don't want to go through this and that it's better to die at all!?