48

Jennie finally pulls herself together. She reminds herself that she's not like that, that it's not her style to despair or panic. She'll figure it out. It's a lousy day, but she'll find a way out and everything will be resolved. The main thing is to remain calm.

There is no problem with calling a taxi. While waiting for the car, Jennie opens a chat with Rose. There are a lot of messages, and all of them are angry.

The girl tells herself over and over again that everything can be solved, you just need to stay calm. It turns out badly. Whatever she thinks about, everything makes her want to either burst into tears or bomb something.

Rose: Where are you?

Rose: Are you going back already?

RoseWhy the hell aren't you talking?

Rose: Fuck, Jennie!

Rose: Is it difficult for you to reply to the message?

Rose: I feel bad, I can't take it anymore.

Rose: When are you coming?

Rose: Jennie!

A brown-haired girl, sitting in a taxi, looks at messages. There are a lot of messages, they are all about the same content. At some point, the phone starts hanging up. Jennie turns off, and then turns on the phone. She hardly enters the chat. The mobile phone almost stops responding to her touch. She starts typing the answer, but the phone either doesn't feel when she presses the letters, or prints three random ones at once. Jennie is ready to snap again. She should call if she can't write a message. She swipes her finger to go to the home screen, but nothing happens. Over and over again. The phone is not responding. She tries to type the message again, but now the screen doesn't respond to touch at all.

-Fuck.- Jennie whispers.

She can try to restart her phone, but what if she can't turn it on or open a chat afterwards? At least now she can see the chat on the screen. Jennie turned off the screen lock, so there shouldn't be any problems with this, unless she locks the phone herself. At least now she can see the messages.

Rose: Why the hell are you reading messages and not responding to them?

Jennie groans softly. She puts down her cell phone and presses her fingers to her eyes, leaning her head back against the seat. She sits there for a minute, adjusting herself, and then picks up the phone again.

Rose: Jennie, you're such a bitch. You got what you wanted, and now you don't give a fuck?

Rose: I hate you.

Rose doesn't text anymore. She's probably busy again. Jennie has no idea how the blonde is communicating with the girls from the team right now. She has no idea how she behaves with her mother, who is probably somewhere nearby. At four o'clock everyone will be seated, and then the speech and something else will begin, and at five o'clock the game will begin.

Jennie is sitting in the back seat of the car, pressing her forehead against the window. She is unable to make these two hours pass quietly for her. She doesn't have a phone, thanks to which she could distract herself and play something. She has nothing in her head that she can think about without wanting to cry. That's why tears have been running down her cheeks for an hour. The tears are not ending, and Jennie is no longer trying to calm down. She accepted that she was very ill. She can't understand how her father could do this. She wouldn't have had such hopes if he hadn't been constantly talking.: "My baby, you will have money in your account, and you can do whatever you want." He also said that he would give money for studies, and with this money Jennie could travel in the summer or buy herself a nice car, or something else. Her father often talked about it. Jennie was already looking forward to this coming of age with impatience. She fantasized about what she could do and what to buy. Despite the fact that she had everything. Her father never scolded her for something that didn't work out well or didn't work out at all, whatever it was, but always praised and encouraged her when something turned out well. Jennie knew that if she passed the test perfectly, her father would take her somewhere or give her something that the girl really wants. She never got cranky, demanding anything. She just knew she was going to get everything. A lot has changed since his death. Everything has changed.