26

Seokjin returns in half an hour. He informs the girls that Sana is fine, she only has bruises and a dislocated leg. Rose didn't notice that anyone was relieved or upset. Nobody really cares. Even Momo doesn't seem to care. There is no sign of interest on her face.

Jin calls out those who want to become captain again. There are already five girls standing next to him. Rose is sitting on the grandstand. She's not going to come out. Being a captain is a great responsibility, and even more so — to represent the team in any competitions. It's not good for her leg. We need to be smarter so that everything will be fine by September.

-Rose?- Jin looks at the blonde questioningly, and all the girls look at her.- Are you seriously injured? How long has it been?

-No, i'm fine now, but I have to wear it.- She touches her knee, referring to the knee pad.

-Okay. Then I don't understand why you're not among these girls. We need a captain with experience, but you... You have an impressive resume.- He chuckles, and Rose notices that everyone agrees with him. They look as expectantly as he does. It's nice. Yesterday she was kind of in the shadows, but today all these people's eyes are fixed on her, and they are waiting for something.

-Do I have to participate in some kind of competition?- Rose chuckles, crossing her legs.

Seokjin is in no hurry to answer. His gaze runs over the girls standing next to him.

-We can hold a vote.- Suggests the one who recently started talking about Jungkook. Judging by the fact that she is not at all shy about expressing her thoughts loudly and attracting attention to herself, she seems to be the most active in this group. Despite the fact that Irene and Seulgi outwardly stand out, they don't give a shit about anything to interfere somewhere.- I vote for Rei and Rose. Well, Rei has already proved herself, she is our captain, and Rose... clearly there is no one here more experienced than her. What is it? Am I not right?

Everyone starts to shrug and nod. But that's not enough for Rose. The idea itself is pretty bad: She wasn't going to do anything like that, and if she was going to, it definitely wasn't like that.

-I'm sorry, but I came here to relax.- Rose leans back, taking an even more relaxed pose.- I'm not used to losing, or rather, I don't lose. And here the team is weak. It's too much work, I'm not sure I need it.- Jin opens his mouth to say something, but the blonde immediately interrupts him, adding.- I'll think about it. I need a few days to think about it. But you can start voting without me. I don't care.

The man agrees and starts talking about volleyball further.

-You're such a bitch.- Irene grins.- You're showing off too much.

-I didn't do it.- Rose answers without looking at the brunette.- I wouldn't really like to expose myself to such shame because of them.

-No matter how good you are, you can't avoid it. The Central sports school gives them a hard time.- Seulgi adds.

-Not all of their school team went to the camp. But you're right.- Rose finally looks at the girls. They understand her. She is a little surprised at how comfortable she instantly became in their presence.

-I don't think you need it. But... if they beg.- Irene smiles, also leaning back in her chair.- It would still be stupid of you.

Rose looks at her silently, as if seeing her for the first time. Jennie has good taste. It's worth taking a closer look at these girls.

***

-Oh my God, I was told that Sana..!- Jennie shouts, not even waiting for her roommate to close the door behind her.- She fell!- The door closes behind the blonde, and she, still not understanding anything, goes to Jennie's bed.- My God! A-a-a-a-a! Why?!- Kim raises her arms to the ceiling and then grabs her head.

-Don't worry so much, she's alive.- Rose says slowly, surprised that Jennie is reacting so emotionally to this. Apparently, Irene had just texted her.

-No!- Jennie is still shouting excitedly.- Why the fuck did I get ill today??? Huh?

Park chuckles nervously, and then a relaxed smile appears on her face.

-I see.- She draws out, sitting down on the bed opposite.- You're so pale.

-Yes, I'm not feeling well, but... I got a little distracted. Damn, I got sick at the wrong time. Is Eunchae okay? Didn't she fall on her?

-Well, yes.- Rose bites her lip.- Listen.- She stands up, waits for Jennie to move over, and then sits down next to her.- I wanted to apologize for yesterday, well, for what I said to you after... You...- The blonde looks away awkwardly.- In short, it's... uh. Okay. I'm sorry, in general.

-You're so concise. But an hour ago, you had more vocabulary than anyone.- Jennie grins, rolling over onto her back.

-Did they tell you that, too?

-Yes, they keep me informed.- Kim frowns at the ceiling.

The blonde sighs heavily, and then lies down next to Jennie. She is also looking at the ceiling. It's a strange feeling. Did she do something wrong? Yes, maybe.

-Well... I lost my temper.

-Yes, I understand. But basically you were right. In no case am I going to appropriate anything. It's just weird. It seems like you started putting me there. Irene said that the phrases there were not friendly at all. Like, she quoted you.

Rose doesn't know what to say to that. It looks like she's become jealous of Jennie. But she doesn't do that. She hopes Jennie understands that.

-It's all right, don't worry.- Jennie covers Rose's hand with her palm, and the blonde turns, colliding with her reddened eyes.- I was thinking while I was lying here. Well, are you still blackmailing me? Well... Am I allowed to date someone else? I'm talking about sex.

-No.- Rose answers without thinking. She is confident in what she is doing. Jennie got it right. She won't share the girl with anyone.

-Then who am I to you? It's stupid, you know?

-We can spend time together. Here. In this camp. Isn't that enough for you?

Jennie returns her gaze to the ceiling:

-You mean we're going to date?

-Well, yes.

-Then I have conditions.

-You can dictate conditions?

-Rose.- Jennie lifts herself up, forcing the blonde to meet her gaze. Jennie looks at her skeptically or like a fool.- Do you really think that your threats are worth something? You can't just report that someone is selling a drug. Then you need proof. You don't have any. The maximum I'm screwed for is drug possession, but in that case I can flush it all down the toilet. It turns out that the price of your blackmail is several thousand bucks. I can also tell someone that you keep painkillers. And even if the doctor attributed it... Does your mom know? They'll find them, and you'll have problems. I'm sure your mom wouldn't let you go to camp with pills like that. Judging by how exemplary you are, she stupidly doesn't know. And... You'll throw them out the same way. Do you need it?

Rose looks at the girl without blinking. What the hell?

-That's what I thought.- Jennie shrugs and lies back down on the bed.- It's not so bad with you that I just threw everything away. More precisely, I feel good. So I'll repeat it again. I have conditions.

-I'm listening to you.- Rose responds in a hoarse voice. She needs a couple of minutes to digest what she's heard. Not for a couple of minutes, but she's definitely not going to back down. Jennie is not stupid... And why should it surprise her at all?