17

While the warm-up is going on, Jennie looks at all the girls on her team. She was analyzing the game she watched yesterday, and it seems like she has something to say. But she doubts that she wants to do it. Jennie has never been a captain and is not sure she has the right to give advice at all. There is a coach for this, but Jungkook prefers to just watch the game and do nothing. There is no training here, just a game. Although he sometimes cheers them up with some words. It definitely doesn't help.

Yesterday, Jungkook announced that for the next two weeks he will select players who will be part of the main team — the one that will play against Seokjin's team. This game will take place on Wednesday and Saturday. And then they will select the girls from the two teams who will compete against the other camp. Actually, this competition is not some kind of prestigious event, and it is unlikely that it will be possible to brag about going to college or something, but for the camp itself it seems to be important.

In order to get into the team that will represent the camp, they need to stay here until August and play well. Jennie doesn't know how long Rose will be here, she doesn't know how long she will be herself. They had an agreement with Yuri for six weeks, and Jennie will still be here on the day of the competition, but this does not affect her desire to play on this team in any way. There is no desire.

Maybe Jungkook was silent all this time and was in no hurry to give advice because he was looking closely, or maybe he really didn't care.

Rose is a good setter, besides, there is a tall girl in the team who takes the place of the striker. Now there is one strong defender. Everything should go well. She decides to do Jungkook's job and not be silent if she has something to say. Jennie involuntarily tries to imagine how Rose was the captain with her bouts of aggression. Did she beat them? It would be nice if she did that here too. These girls are in need.

The game has started.

In Jennie's mind, everything was perfect. In reality, it didn't turn out the way she imagined. After ten or twenty minutes of the game, the girl with wide—open eyes and a broken knee looked at everyone around her. They were looking at her, and she was looking at them. Rose looked the most intently and the angriest of all, who clearly expected anything, but definitely not such a bad game. Jennie wanted to give so many tips to the girls from her team, she was literally ready to beat them for being so stupid, but...

-What the hell?- Roseanne hisses, giving up another ball for the defender, which she does not hit.- Did you do it on purpose?!

Kim bites her lip. She's too relaxed.

When she looked at the terrible game of the girls, it seemed to her that everything was so simple, so she did not gather herself. The brown-haired girl thinks exactly that when she catches another evil look from Rose. Only Eunchae looks at her with admiration, literally with a loving look, repeating every now and then: "Jennie, you are beautiful. Don't worry, we're all playing badly here."

"Fuck you," Jennie thinks, but doesn't say. She just smiles and pretends that everything is under control, which is exactly what she planned.

They earned seven points only on the poor serves of their opponents. The score is 16:7, and it looks like this game is even worse than the one Jennie watched yesterday.

The girl, whose place Jennie took in the team, laughed maliciously every time the brown-haired girl failed to hit the ball. She did it quietly, and, in general, only Jennie could notice it, who sometimes glanced at her, but Sana did it loudly, not at all shy.

Rose grabs Jennie under her arm and pulls her aside:

-Are you playing like this on purpose? Is there something I don't understand?!