41

It seemed that they were already moving away from each other when Rose threw herself into training. When she agreed to be captain. After she said that she would do everything to ensure that they adequately represented the camp. It wasn't just words: She spent all her free time studying with the girls.

They became estranged, but, nevertheless, the relationship between them became more harmonious. Rose was bored. Not only did she talk about it, it showed in her behavior.

There were times when they had time for each other. When Jennie had a chance to keep the attention on herself. A chance to have sex. Rose interrupted her and told her it was time for her to go to extra training. And no matter how Jennie behaved further, no matter how she seduced, nothing came out: Rose chose volleyball.

They weren't fighting over the pills anymore. They managed to find a compromise every time. There were days when Rose took half a pill. There was a day when she lasted almost until evening without a pill. Now the reason to take the pill was not a problem with nerves, but a pain in the leg. Rose couldn't practice when her knee hurt. Jennie couldn't help but give in when it came to physical pain.

Nervous tension could be relieved with weed. Rose didn't really like this option, because she was relaxing, and it wasn't the best condition for playing volleyball. But she didn't fight with Jennie about it. She had to sacrifice something.

At some point, they decided that Rose could take pills every other day. It seemed that progress had been made, but it ended with Rose attacking Eunchae.

Eunchae said that Rose attacked out of the blue, and she confirmed it. Jennie had doubts: a person can't just attack someone, even if he's nervous. Shouldn't she have been provoked? But Jennie didn't question Rose. It was enough to remember the day Rose snapped at her, and add to that her hatred for Eunchae. Eunchae was very active in demanding punishment and maybe she could even inflate this situation and bring it to the intervention of her parents, but she stopped insisting after talking with Jennie. Everything is hushed up.

Rose didn't give up the idea of taking a pill every other day. Anyway, they've been trying so far. There was one such day, and Rose smoked as many weed as Jennie smoked in a week.

After that, Jennie tried to be around, especially when Rose wasn't taking her "medicine." They didn't talk much. They hardly kissed, they hardly hugged. In recent days, their communication has been more like a friendly one.

And if Jennie wouldn't have seen it as a problem before, it was wildly infuriating now. She had no idea what exactly had changed. What exactly happened between them. Or what happened to Rose. She could have made a decision and not even reported it. For example, the decision to end their relationship: in fact, why bother explaining if she can just wait for the day when they go home? Jennie didn't understand how anyone could be so determined and at the same time avoid something so much. It was easier for Rose to be with Yerim than to break up with her. And why, if it does not interfere in any way, but even helps? And now it's easier for her to be with Jennie, afraid that without the pill she will beat someone else, or she will have another panic attack because of the pain in her leg. Admittedly, Rose could lose this, and it would be hard to live in the same room in such an atmosphere. Only Jennie would hardly have changed her behavior. She's not doing all this because they've put up some kind of label that doesn't really matter. It's like faking a relationship so that Jennie doesn't date anyone.

Jennie was bothered by these thoughts. She wanted to think she was wrong. She wanted to think that there was another reason for this behavior. Any other one that she might not know about, but it's better than... it's unclear what such people are called or such behavior in one word.