51

-I have two good news for you!- With that, Yuri bursts into Jennie's room.- Let me sit down.

The brown-haired girl puts down her phone and moves to the wall, making room for her to sit down:

-Which one will you start with?

-Actually, you'll like both of them, but one is definitely more.- Yuri's eyebrows play mysteriously.

-Come on, tell me.- Jennie gets up on her elbows and settles down on the bed. She's interested. This is what she needs to distract her from bad thoughts.- Yuri.- Impatiently, she gives her stepmother a little push on the shoulder.

-I started talking at work about how I would like to change everything. I would like to give up some responsibilities that are actually not mine - it was originally a part—time job. Can you imagine, Matthew... Jennie, he offered me a promotion. But I refused.

-What?- Jennie is in shock.- Really? But you're already an administrator. Do they want to promote you? Yuri?

-Yes...- Yuri frowns, thinking about something.- I didn't specify. I refused.

-I don't understand.- Jennie moves closer to her.- You've been working so hard...

-You said you didn't like it. I would have changed everything anyway, but I thought a little later. Now I decided to do it, but it didn't work out. Although I managed to agree on a schedule. I'll be home more often now. I'll take a vacation. We can spend this vacation together. I can come with you if you want.

-God, that's great.- Jennie is not smiling, even though she is overwhelmed with joy. She still finds it hard to believe.- Where to?

-London. That's also what I wanted to say. I've found excellent preparatory courses for you. Teachers from the University of the Arts, where you wanted to go. Their recommendations will make it easier for you. I have studied a lot and I think that everything will work out. There are very entertaining lectures and various seminars.

-It's expensive.- Jennie says softly.- I know about them. But I didn't consider that. Even if my father had left the money, it would have been too expensive. They cost almost as much as a year of study.

-It's okay, I have money to pay for my studies for two years. Then we'll take out a study loan. And in two years I will have time to save up more money. Maybe I'll agree to work as a manager. Matthew said he was giving me time to think. What am I going to do here without you? I should have spent more time at home while you were here. You were right. Anyway, we'll figure it out, don't worry.- Yuri smiles, tilting her head.

-Thanks.- Jennie smiles back sincerely, hugging her.- But I will refuse.

-Why?- Yuri pulls her away to look into her eyes.- I assure you that we will manage. Don't even worry about it.

-Yuri.- Jennie swings her legs off the bed and sits down next to her.- I'm going to study in another state, okay? I don't want to go to any London anymore. Really. Moreover, our training is not cheaper. I just don't want to go there anymore. Actually... it would be great if you were with me.

-What has changed?- Yuri looks into the girl's eyes so intently, as if trying to find the answer there.

-Actually, it seems to me that a lot of things have changed, but... I don't even know. It's just like a switch went off and I don't want to go there anymore. I'm thinking about it. The only thing that came to my mind was that there was a protest, and it passed. Sometimes I wanted to leave so badly because of you. This feeling is not there now. But it's not just that.... There's something else. I suddenly... suddenly felt so unbearable at the thought of having to leave.