40

Rose is sitting in the last row in the auditorium. A creative competition is taking place today. It would seem that there will be few people willing to take part in the sports camp, but, nevertheless, the event is scheduled for an hour and a half. It would have been a great opportunity to prove herself once again, but Rose passed it by. At school, it was enough for her that at such events, the coach and captains of the volleyball and football teams were invited on stage. Rose was called to tell everyone how cool she was and thank them for their hard work and efforts, while the hall was bursting with the screams of the girls from her team, who were joined by all the students. That was enough for her.

Here... hardly anyone here will surprise everyone. The girls from the junior corps prepared the dances. Someone is singing. Someone will do magic tricks. Nothing special. Well, except for one thing. Jennie will sing. It's not that Rose doesn't believe that her girlfriend is capable of conquering everyone here, rather the opposite — she is sure that this is possible, but not today. One song won't be enough to get the audience excited. She's not a popular singer. And she is not a schoolgirl who has been admired for a year or several years. Rose didn't expect anything. But she was still curious. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she was glad that Jennie wouldn't make a splash. She was angry with herself for that, but there was nothing she could do.

The evening could be very boring, but Rose unwittingly became a participant in discussions with the girls from her team. They literally surrounded her. Irene and Seulgi were sitting at the other end of the last row, and it would have been better if Eunhcae had been sitting there. The top of her head constantly distracted Rose from performing and from talking. Eunhchae was sitting in the penultimate row, slightly to the right of Rose herself. She didn't turn around, but it was enough for the blonde that she was just there.

In fact, the concert would have gone much faster if you had cut out the boring speeches of the presenter and the long speech of the head of the camp, who was broadcasting something important, but not so much that Rose listened to him.

All participants were greeted and escorted off with standing applause. Although at the same time, some part of the hall was always louder - where the friends of the person who was performing were sitting.

Two girls from Rose's team participated in the competition, so before and after the performance, Rose had to help and support them by clapping louder and more often. Actually, that was the only time she clapped.

When Jennie comes out, the blonde finds herself catching her breath. She herself did not expect how her body would react to the appearance of a roommate on stage. Her palms immediately sweat and start clapping, hard and even painfully. Rose involuntarily grins at the joke that flashes through her head — that volleyball players can clap louder and longer. Although she is not sure that this is the case, but in her mind it sounds so funny that the smile turns into some kind of nervous laughter. Rose suddenly thinks that she is behaving like a fool, and sits down in her seat. Did she get up from her seat? Thank God she didn't whistle or scream like the most ardent fan. Rose feels ashamed of her behavior, but she realizes that no one is paying attention to her because everyone is just as loud.

Then the girl realizes that she was not the only one who got up. Eunchae is still standing and clapping, it seems that Park hears her ardent clapping in the general noise.

-Come on, baby!

Rose looks behind her roommate to look at Irene, who shouted it.

-I love you, come on, make them stop breathing!

Rose already stands up to look at the one who shouted these words. This is Chahee. She takes a seat in the other half of the hall, somewhere in the center. Rose seems to hear Eunchae snorting. This crazy girl is doing what Rose almost did herself. "Love you"? Park bites her lip, clenching her fists, and then nervously wipes her palms on her jeans. Her hands were sweating too much.