46

Everything is coming out better than Jennie wanted: a large group of people gathered in a new place in the forest, away from the camp tracks. Irene and Seulgi are with her, and this is already a huge bonus for the upcoming party. Another bonus is alcohol. Jennie doesn't ask Chahee where they got it, because Jay isn't here.

When the alcohol is distributed, everyone sits down in their seats, forming a circle so that it is convenient to communicate. The guys brought not only drinks, but also what they will be sitting on. Chahee shares her plaid with Jennie: she did not allow her friend to sit next to her, planning that she and Jennie would only be on it together, but the brown-haired girl, in turn, presses against her to make room for her friends. Chahee was displeased for only a few seconds, and then, appreciating how close Jennie sat, snuggled up to her, smiled contentedly.

Jennie took part in the conversations for the first half hour. The alcohol hit her head, and instead of becoming even more talkative and cheerful, Jennie fell silent. She suddenly felt like a guest at the theater. She is sitting in the front row, something is happening on stage, but it doesn't concern her in any way: she can just watch and listen, she can think about something of her own and generally forget about what is happening - no one will notice anyway.

-Why are you sad?- Chahee whispers.- Maybe I should make you stronger alcohol?- She picks up a bottle of whiskey.

-No, thanks.- Jennie answers politely.

She wished she could just be a spectator. So that she doesn't have to talk or sit with a sympathetic expression on her face. She wished no one would pay attention to her. Although, if it wasn't for Chahee, it would have been. Jennie realizes that she won't be able to just sit next to Chahee , staying in her thoughts. Chahee won't let her do that: she's counting on her, Jennie is the center of her attention.

-I thought you wanted to have a good time.

-That's right.- Kim answers, looking down at Chahee's hand, which she covers her hand with.

Jennie feels awkward. Previously, touching a beautiful girl would not have caused her to do anything like this, and she would definitely take advantage of it, but now... now she doesn't feel free for this. No, she doesn't think she owes Rose anything, it's her own feeling of protest growing inside. It's as if her whole body rejects any intrusion into her personal space. Maybe it's just the subconscious? It indicates that it would be ugly to do so simply. Wrong. But why would she? After all, she never owed Rose anything. Everything is not real with them from the very beginning.

Meanwhile, Chahee settles in more comfortably, completely taking over the brown-haired girl's hand. They're too close together. Their hands are not intertwined in a friendly way at all. Jennie doesn't like it. She's mad at herself. She's angry at how she feels. Why should she care about someone else's condition? Why should she think about whether she will offend someone with her actions or not? The girl takes her hand away and sits down so that it is comfortable.

Why is it so sad? Jennie feels lonely. There is something aching in her chest, and a lump rises in her throat. She quickly brings the glass to her mouth and gulps down the contents.

Irene moves closer and rests her head on her shoulder. It's getting quite a bit easier. She's not alone.

The phone vibrates, and Jennie's heart skips a beat. Rose? The thought makes her heart beat faster. But no, it's Jisoo. Jisoo has been writing messages lately for only one reason, although she tries to hide it with routine questions. She tries very hard to seem like a friend. Jennie promised that she would send the money to her on time. The brown-haired girl even knows how to do it.

The fact is that Yuri extended her stay here for another week. And Jennie decided that she would leave the camp on the day of the game, when there would be a lot of guests. On her birthday. She will go to the bank and she will be provided with all the information on the account. She will pay off her debts, and after that she will endure a few more days in this camp, because the long—awaited freedom is ahead - she will finally fulfill her dream.