28

After a while, Rose returns. Her mood is spoiled — she is worried and thoughtful. The conversation with Yerim was very strange. Her girlfriend had never been so confident. She was even rude. She's coming. Tomorrow. On Sunday, relatives will come to many, it's such a day. Rose wasn't expecting anyone, she didn't even think about it. It's too far to drive here. But Yerim is not confused by the distance: nothing seems to bother her anymore, except the blonde herself.

She's changed. That's what her girlfriend said. Actually, Rose doesn't agree with this. "You've changed, I understand that you're busy, that you have different things there, but it seems like some kind of excuse. It's like you don't want to talk to me. It's like you don't want me. You've become different." Actually, no. But Rose couldn't say that she had always been like this. She always talked to Yerim without much enthusiasm. There was just a girl, I just had a habit of tolerating that she was often around or often texted. Maybe Yerim is the only one in the whole world that Rose could tolerate. She can't even imagine any other girl she could be with for a year and see several times a week, read messages every day, respond to them. Calls. Calls... No, there was something about Yerim that made it easier. Which didn't make it difficult. This relationship was not a heavy burden. Anyway, this year Rose had something to think about, something to worry about, and she just didn't have time to think about dating an unloved person. Maybe if she didn't feel any passion for anything, and her head wasn't occupied with thoughts of sports or injury, she would think about what she wants a bright, emotional relationship, and her soul would want more than you can get from an unloved person.

To endure is a bad word. Actually, until this week, it had not appeared in the girl's head, she did not perceive it as something that needed to be tolerated. It was because she was answering messages, answering calls. She was walking and paying attention to Yerim. And when she wasn't paying attention, she was busy with school, Lisa or volleyball. Now... it's different somehow. She doesn't answer messages, even when she has free time, doesn't answer calls because... Well, because. Brain-pronouncing phrases immediately appeared. Some kind of whims... Of course, Yerim is right, she felt these changes. And if earlier the phrase "I'm busy" was perceived calmly, now reproaches like: "You're busy all the time, maybe you just don't want to talk to me?" sounded more and more often, and these few days Rose really endured. Yerim became uncomfortable with her demands. But Rose could not have imagined that her girlfriend would not wait for August to talk about it in person. Yerim didn't even ask, she decided.

-Hey!

Rose even flinches. Irene waves her hand in front of her face. It's like a vacuum passes, and the veil falls from the eyes. The sounds get louder and the picture is clearer. Irene is lying in her place next to Jennie. The brown-haired girl has raised herself a little on her elbow, she is staring intently at Rose:

-What is it? Something happened?

-No, Mom called. I was just thinking.

Jennie frowns, turns her head strangely, as if waving an eyebrow. She lies back down on the bed without saying anything. And then Rose realizes that Jennie saw who called her. Damn. She lied to Jennie, and she didn't say anything, clearly realizing it. And how stupid it was.

The blonde's gaze becomes a little guilty, as if she is trying to make it clear that she said that on purpose. Besides, she doesn't want to focus on the fact that she has a girlfriend in front of everyone. On the other hand, she could have just said "friend", but... what difference does it make?

Rose notices that she is not the only one allowed to hug Jennie so intimately. She and Irene do it perfectly. While Seulgi is telling something, and the girls are listening attentively, sometimes nodding, Rose is staring at Jennie's hands lying on Irene's stomach, and at the hands of the brunette, who took Jennie in their arms. Her girlfriend. She's angry.