50

Jennie sits down on the bed, and her gaze rests on the suitcase that she left in the middle of the room. Is that really all? Is it over? Jennie wants to breathe, but nothing works. Her hands go under her chest, where something big, something heavy is frozen. It's some kind of shit, and it's not going anywhere. The girl slowly takes in air, and then, pressing between the ribs, exhales. She's at home, she's in her room. She should at least feel protected here.

Yuri enters the room, quickly approaches the bed and puts something down:

-Here you go.- She says and leaves the room without pausing.

Jennie looks at the box with the new phone.

-Thanks.- She answers softly.

She would spend the evening thinking. She needs to put everything in its place. She must do something to get rid of this burden. There is a lot to think about. What's wrong with Rose's leg? Is she offended? Does she miss her? Jennie groans softly, feeling that she does not understand herself, does not understand what is inside her. Which makes a lump rise in her throat. She hears the doorbell ring, and then Jisoo's voice, who greets Yuri. But she doesn't have the strength to communicate with Jisoo. She doesn't have the strength to find out anything. Please, at least not today. Not now.

-Hi.- Jisoo enters the room and immediately sits down on the bed next to Jennie.

-Can I get you a drink?- Yuri, who accompanied her, asks.

-No.- Jisoo answers dryly, without even turning in her direction. She looks only at Jennie, ready to start a conversation. But so far she is being hindered.

-Okay.- Yuri closes the door.

-Well, have you talked to her yet?- The guest gets right to the point.

Jennie looks at the girl she considered a friend until recently. Has she always been like this? Jennie didn't like the way she responded to her stepmother. It doesn't seem to be anything special, but for some reason it gets unpleasant inside. Jennie suppresses the urge to speak out about this. She doesn't have the strength.

-Jennie? Hey, can you hear me?- Jisoo nudges her lightly on the shoulder.- Why are you so weird? Are we going to solve the problem at all or not?

-We?- She raises an eyebrow.- You mean me?

-Whatever you say. Actually, it's really just your problem. I just want to help.

-I see.- Jennie chuckles and picks up the box with the phone in her hands.- How did you know that I would be home today?

-I asked your friend who you called me from. Do you mind?

-No.- Jennie answers, taking the phone out of the box. Jisoo immediately pulls out her hand, and Jennie lets her take the device out of her hands.

-Not bad.- Jisoo grins, examining the iPhone.- She doesn't mind anything for you, it's even funny. I don't understand why you were always complaining. Just tell her and she'll give you the money. We'll get this over with quickly.

Jennie doesn't comment on her words in any way, taking the phone back. That's not what she was complaining about. Once, Jennie was satisfied that she was friends with a person who didn't delve into her affairs and problems.

She wants to set up her phone and text Rose. To ask what happened. To find out at least something. This is more important than resentment. This is more important than problems with the dealer. If it wasn't for Rose, she would be sitting somewhere else right now.

-I need to set up my phone. You'll have to wait.

The girl spends the next fifteen minutes on the phone. Jisoo tries to talk about something, but the brown-haired girl is not interested, so any attempts to start a dialogue are immediately cut short.