55

For the next three days, Rose waited for Jennie to reappear in her room. She flinched every time someone passed by the door. She flinched when someone touched the door handle. But as soon as the door opened, the flash of excitement immediately went out. Everything inside also went out. Everything was dying from the realization that she had not entered the room. And so it goes from time to time. It was as if Rose had a million lives, which she painfully and painfully lost several times a day.

Rose didn't even think about the fact that there would come a moment when she would hear a sound outside the door and would not feel anything. It's impossible. Everything inside is going to bounce painfully every fucking time.

If you want something, ask for it!

Rose can't follow Jennie's advice. Every time she types a message, she imagines Jennie responding.: "I'm busy right now," that's logical. When she can, she will come herself. Isn't that how it works? To see a rejection would be too devastating.

She has no leverage. She doesn't need them. Not this time. Not in this case.

Jumping out of a window would be a lot easier than typing a freaking message.

Rose is staring at Jennie's photo. She has already looked at every millimeter of her face these days. She looked at all the photos that were on Jennie's social media. This photo is special. Whoever took this photo, Jennie looked at him exactly the same way she looked at Rose in the first days. Provokes. Plays. Waits. She knows everything you're thinking about. That look was revealing. That look was annoying. Now Jennie is looking at her from the screen and is not annoying. It makes her eyes cloudy with approaching tears, but in no way annoying.

Rose doesn't hear any warning sounds. After all, she listens to music. She doesn't even have time to turn around completely. She jumps up and down. The phone falls to the floor. The brown-haired girl says something, heading for the bed, and bends down. Rose is like a recumbent statue. She watches, not daring to blink.

Rose quickly takes out her earphones.

-I knocked on the door.- Jennie says, straightening up and staring at the screen.

-Yes... I... I was just listening to music. Hi.- Rose purses her lips. Her face is on fire. It's awkward.

-Hi. How are you?- Jennie returns the smartphone, and Rose quickly turns it off.- It looks better.- She comes closer. Her hand rises as if she wants to touch her leg, but she immediately lowers it. She changed her mind. Rose sees Jennie swallowing hard, but immediately her eyes look up.- Should I have warned you?

-No, you can come whenever you want.- Rose answers quickly, not giving herself the opportunity to get scared. Jennie's eyes stare at her thoughtfully for a few seconds. Roselowers her eyes, breaking eye contact. It's impossible.

There's a knock on the door, and Jennie turns around.

-Hi, girls.- Hyeri enters the room.- I brought a cold compress.- Jennie moves away, giving way to the nurse.- My girl, how are you? Does the anesthesia work? Does it hurt? You see, your dream was prophetic.- Shut up.- Rose screams to herself.- She was sleeping restlessly.- Hyeri explains to Jennie as Rose's insides shrink. Shut up! She repeated your name in her sleep. The loneliness will be short-lived.- She's already telling Rose that.- Time will fly by quickly, and you will return to your usual lifes... Honey, why are you so blushing?- She reaches out to touch her forehead, but Rose immediately dodges.

-No, I'm fine.- Rose answers quickly. She's burning to kill the nurse!

-My girl.- Hyeri repeats again. She's too affectionate, it's too uncomfortable.- Your swelling goes away quickly, you are strong.- She applies an ice pack to her knee.