Chapter Twenty-Four

Jake Seresin
October - Ten Months Later
New York City

Jake was kissing Margot as soon as they were in their hotel room. His girlfriend looked incredibly sexy, and he never thought he'd be into this. Not making out, but the fact she was in a full cosplay. They had gone to New York Comic Con, it had been his one year anniversary present to her. It was delayed by a month since their one year was in September, but he had gotten the tickets as soon as they had gone on sale, which was months before their anniversary. Margot had been so excited she had cried and clung to him like a koala. They both saved their leave for the trip since they'd be gone several days. It wasn't like either of them really used it anyway.

    She had dressed up all four days, but her final costume had been his favorite. She was Felicia Hardy, aka Black Cat. She had on a leather jumpsuit that had a v-neck, revealing plenty of cleavage. Jake had spent most of the day glaring at anyone who looked at her until she told him to knock it off. She completed the suit with her black eye mask, a very realistic platinum wig, black choker, white gloves and heeled black boots.

Margot had convinced him to dress up and he had twice to appease her. She pulled off the helmet to his Captain America costume, tossing it aside. She had her legs wrapped around his waist, her back against the hotel room wall. The last year had been fucking incredible. They were both killing it as instructors at Top Gun, and had led a brief mission together. They were a power duo. She had moved in with him after six months, considering all of their time had been spent together anyway. Plus, Margot suspected Isla and Rooster might be wanting to move in together to their place.

Jake hadn't spoken to his mother since he cut her off, and Margot had tried a few times with her dad. He just wasn't coming around. He would talk to her on base, but only about work and surface level things. It seemed like he wanted to avoid the topic of Jake. Penny told Margot she thought he just didn't want to go back on his word now and it boiled down to being stubborn. They knew he asked about her. He spent time with Rooster now, and he asked about Margot plenty. Rooster even tried to plead Jake's case of all people. He could tell it bothered Margot, and she tried not to think about it most days.

"I want you to know, anytime you want to do your costumes, I am fully game." Jake told her.

Margot laughed. "You like it because it hugs my ass and my boobs are spilling out. And you got off on scaring the on-lookers." She told him. "I like it because Black Cat is a bad ass."

"And your point is?" Jake asked and Margot rolled her eyes, looking amused. All three of those statements were absolutely true. "Most importantly, you had a good time. That matters most. But it didn't hurt me to have something nice to look at today." He grinned.

Margot nodded. "I did. Thank you. Seriously, best gift ever. Especially since I know this isn't your thing." She kissed him. "And as much as I'd love to just crawl up in that bed with you, I need to shower since you've got mystery plans this evening." She unhooked her legs and Jake eased her back down. She unzipped her suit and stepped out in her bra and panties. She tossed the leather suit at him.

"You're killing me." Jake told her and she winked at him before padding off to the bathroom. They swapped when she was finished and he showered while she got ready. He was dressed in a suit without a tie, and waiting on her. Margot could take a while to get ready, but she never made them late. She stepped out of the bathroom in a floor length red dress. It was covered in red sequins that glistened like diamonds, had a straight neckline with spaghetti straps and it hugged her figure in the waist.