Chapter Forty-Eight

Margot Seresin
March

    "Almost ready?" Jake questioned, passing behind Margot. She had been staring in the full length mirror at herself for the last five minutes.

    "I feel like I should change." Margot commented. She was dressed for a charity volleyball tournament today, though she wasn't playing. She had on a grey yoga top that was fitted and some black Lululemon maternity yoga pants. She wanted to be comfortable for the event. They were going to be out there most of the day.

    "I think it looks great." Jake told her. "What's wrong?"

    Margot sighed. "I am huge. My ass is huge, my boobs are huge, my stomach is huge." She rubbed her hand over her large baby bump. She was thirty-seven weeks now and felt like her bump was massive. It was mostly because she was short and didn't have much torso so it really showed. Everything just felt big at the end. She was all baby for the most part. A few weeks ago, she felt confident. Today, she felt blah.

    "Babe, you are perfect." Jake said, wrapping his arms around her from behind, resting his hands on her stomach. "You've been incredible with this. Didn't you get a gold star from your doctor last week?"

    Margot smiled a little. "It wasn't a gold star." She said, "But yes, she was really happy with me and where we're at."

    At her appointment last week, she had gotten commended by her doctor on things going well. Margot had been trying to do everything right. After struggling to gain weight in the first trimester, the last two she had finally got to where her doctor wanted to try to get her, which was up twenty-one pounds from her start weight. That had been the only concern her whole pregnancy was not putting on enough weight. That was still below what was considered "average" but she technically had three weeks left. She was doing great and so was the baby.

    "Which is good. So what exactly is bothering you?" Jake asked.

    "Just how big I look. And I know the final weeks are where things really grow rapidly. But like I got this top a few weeks ago and it already doesn't fit, it's crushing my boobs." Margot answered. She thought she had escaped any more changes there, but in the third trimester she'd made it to a DDD bra and her band went up a size with the ribcage expansion that happened in pregnancy. All of which was normal, her body was preparing to give birth, but she just felt uncomfortable all over. She was ready to have the baby already. "I just don't want to get any bigger. I swear my ass is bumping into things."

    Jake laughed. "It is not." He told her. "You're not knocking into things." He said, "Personally, I love your butt."

    "I feel like it is!" Margot said, and she felt Jake laughing behind her. "Jake!"

    "I'm sorry." Jake replied, kissing her neck. "But you're totally exaggerating that. The only thing bumping into stuff is your baby bump." Margot knew that was true.

    "Am not." Margot mumbled, but softened at his kiss. She knew she was exaggerating a tad but she felt like she had a right to be dramatic at this point.

    Jake released her after a moment and she turned around to face him. "I love you. I know it's been a long nine months but you're giving me the best thing in the world besides you." He told her. "You are beautiful and perfect inside and out. And you're almost there." He said, "And despite it, you've managed to still kick ass at work."