Chapter Thirty-One

Margot Seresin
July

    "Sharper turn, Thor." Margot stated, following behind her student. She was over the air-to-air tactics. She had preferred that, but wouldn't have minded maritime strike, with striking enemy ships. Jake and Rooster were doing that at the moment with their training. It had days where it dragged some, but overall Margot had loved being an instructor the last year. She had officially gotten started a few months after she graduated, and had been there ever since. Isla worked with her most days, but occasionally got pulled into the weapons systems training. She was killing it as a WSO and instructor.

    "There you go. Focus." Margot told Thor. Nothing pleased her more than when she saw the success in the pilots that came through. It was amazing how many applications they got. She knew it was a lot, but being on this side of it was eye opening. She felt fortunate she had gotten in and was in this position now.

    "Fuck yeah!" Thor called.

    Margot saw the missile strike it's target. She challenged the students but also worked with them to better themselves. The competition was fun, but they were there to learn. She brought her F/A-18 back down and exited the fighter jet once they were back on the flight line. She watched Thor get out, he was a younger pilot. He'd gotten his callsign from showing up at the academy with flowing blonde hair, and it stuck when he became a pilot. Though the long hair was gone now.

    "Good job out there. Really brought the hammer down." Margot said with a grin.

    Thor laughed. "I appreciate the pun." He replied, as they walked back inside. Margot was surprised to see Ryder waiting for her. He didn't go into instructing, but had remained stationed at North Island. He had other tasks and duties away from the program, and Margot didn't see him much at work.

    "Siren, you're needed in a briefing." Ryder told her. "Captain Parker put your class on written work the rest of the afternoon, Isla is with them." There wasn't much time left today.

    Margot nodded, following Ryder. "Any idea what this is about?" She asked him.

    "Not really." Ryder answered. "I have a suspicion though."

    Margot didn't really like his tone, it worried her a little. He led her down to one of the briefing rooms, opening the door for her. She stepped inside, and saw Admiral Beau Simpson seated in there. Cyclone wasn't exactly her favorite person, he could be a bit of a dick. She knew that only from her dad, Cyclone wasn't her dad's biggest fan. So therefore, Margot was on his shit list by default. Then add in she was Jake's wife and well, that explained the look he was giving her. Cyclone didn't like Jake either.

    Did he like anyone? Ryder's dad. He had a major hard on for Iceman.

    "Lieutenant Mitchell, have a seat." Cyclone said, gesturing to one of the open seats.

    "Seresin." Margot corrected, and she saw a flicker of amusement across Jake's face. He was sitting next to Rooster, with Warlock on his other side. She had changed her last name when they got married in April, and it was all documented. Either Cyclone forgot, or was just being difficult.

    "Right, because that's not confusing." Cyclone responded, as Margot sat down. Ryder dropped into the seat next to her.

    "Promote one of us and that'll solve the issue." Jake told Cyclone with an arrogant grin. Having the same rank, their names were identical.