Epilogue

Margot Seresin
Twelve Years Later

    Margot wrapped her arms around Jake after she came out of the building. She had gone to change into her dress to go to dinner after probably the biggest moment of her entire career. She waited until they were outside to really embrace him so she wasn't doing it in front of her peers. She also hadn't wanted to wear her uniform to dinner, though she was proud to have it, especially after today.

    "Congratulations Admiral Seresin on your promotion." Jake told her. He kissed her and when they broke apart, Margot was grinning. "Sounds way cooler than Vice Admiral."

    "And one more star," Margot replied, with a wink.

    "Which makes mom a total badass." Luke added, pulling her into a hug.

    Luke was twenty-two now and six feet tall. It sometimes baffled Margot to see her son tower over her. He looked so much like Jake the older he got. They had the same shade of hair and had a similar face structure. Margot didn't really see herself in Luke besides his eyes, but Jake felt like they often had similar mannerisms. He had the same muscular build as his dad, but that was mostly due to playing hockey at Harvard for four years. He had just graduated last month, and had moved back to California.

    "Says my genius son who got into Stanford's Law School." Margot replied, "Which we're still thrilled over even if it's almost eight hours away. Beats the east coast."

    Luke grinned, not even bothering to be modest. He wasn't, he was confident and always had been. He'd had interest in practicing law, which was why he went to the east coast. Originally he thought he wanted to go to Yale or Harvard for law school, but only ended up staying for undergrad. Stanford's program was more competitive, which appealed to him, and Luke had been accepted. Margot and Jake had gone to see him when they could the last four years, and always flew him home at holidays from Cambridge. He'd played in the Frozen Four twice and both times they had gone to watch.

    "I think he just missed his favorite sister." Summer commented. She was twenty-one, would be starting her senior year at Stanford that fall with a double major in psychology and business. She was considering medical school after, but hadn't committed to anything yet. She'd mentioned maybe wanting to do civilian contract medical work with the Navy. "Now move." She pushed her brother out of the way and hugged Margot. "Congratulations, mom. Seriously, this is the coolest thing ever. You're way cooler than dad."

    Margot laughed as she hugged Summer. She was much closer in height than Luke to Margot, though Summer had two inches on her at five foot five. Jake said all the time how much Summer resembled Margot, and she saw it for sure. They had similar builds and their facial features matched. Summer's hair was a honey blonde though naturally, and she had never lightened it like Margot did. "Did you hear that, Jake? I've outranked you in parental coolness."

    "I'm good with that." Jake told her. "You're definitely cooler."

"We have to be, we're out ranked by men in this family." Summer added as she let go of Margot. 

    James hugged Margot last, and probably the longest. He was seventeen and still at home, he had a year of high school left. He'd been around the longest for the last few years of her career working toward the promotion. He was six foot one, making him an inch taller than Jake and Luke both. He did end up having darker hair and Margot felt like got the best of both her and Jake's features.