Chapter Fifty-One

Margot Seresin
September

On a Saturday afternoon in September, Margot was preparing to fly in an air show. She was excited, not only because it was a chance to show off, but because she was getting to fly with her favorite people on the planet. Jake, Rooster, Isla, Coyote, Ryder and her dad were some of the people flying. She knew the other pilots, but wasn't as excited there. They weren't her people. Five month old Luke was with Penny at home, the event would be too loud. Three month old Imogen was with Isla's parents, who had come into town. They were all getting together afterwards. The pilots were all out on the runway, getting ready to get into their fighter jets.

    Jake was kissing Margot against one of their fighter jets in the back. They were covered and she felt his hands roaming her waist. She had her flight suit pulled down with her shirt on underneath. Something about sneaking around like that was hot and felt dangerous. She ran her hands up his black under shirt, and could feel his hard stomach underneath her palms.

    "Oh God." Ryder said, "Can you please continue this at home?"

    Margot pulled back from Jake, glaring at him. "Zip it, Kazansky." She told him as Jake kissed her neck. He was obviously ignoring Ryder entirely.

    "Maybe stop spying on us," Jake suggested as he finally looked over at him. "Be more concerned with your own wife and less about what I do with mine."

    "I'm not banging mine up against a fighter jet." Ryder told him. "And she's pregnant, so it's not like we can have sex."

    Margot snorted. "Yes you can. It doesn't hurt anything. And she's not even showing yet." She replied, "We never had any issues. It's perfectly safe."

    Ryder and Phoenix had shared the news about a month ago. Margot was happy for them, and she knew Ryder's parents were excited. There'd been a time where his dad hadn't known if he'd make it to see something like that. Ryder told Margot he still worried sometimes about his dad having a relapse, but he tried to just appreciate the here and now.

    "Oh," Ryder said, "When-" He stopped. "I can't ask any questions while he's groping your ass. Never mind. I'll ask Bradshaw." He shook his head, walking off.

    Margot faced her husband. His hands were definitely on her ass. "Was that for me or to run him off?"

    "Can it be both?" Jake asked, grinning. He kissed her once. "We do probably need to go get ready."

    Margot sighed, but he was right. She took his hand and made their way back over to the group to get ready to go out for the show.

"This is exciting." Isla said with a grin as they walked up. "Sorry boys, but obviously we'll be showing you up."

Isla and Margot were both doing well since going back to work. Margot had completely bounced back now five months out, and Isla was close. She said she had about ten more pounds to lose to reach where she wanted. She looked great, healthier than she had been this time last year after the wedding. Rooster adored her curvy butt and hips, and Isla admitted she did too. She liked having a little curve instead of being narrow as a board. Her words, not Margot's.

"Please." Jake said, "I'm the star here. You're the backup dancers."

    Margot gave him a look. "Except you, baby." Jake amended. "We're equals."

    Coyote walked up with Maverick, the last of the group to round out. "M, why the hell is your neck so flushed? It's not hot." He said, then grinned. "I see. This was another office situation."