Chapter Twenty-Seven

Margot Mitchell
April

Margot stood still while Isla finished helping her into her wedding dress. She was watching her through the floor length mirror in the bridal suite at the venue she and Jake had picked out. It was going to be a small, but nice wedding. She hadn't wanted some massive one. Her hair was styled in loose waves, part of it secured back with a diamond studded hair clip that her veil was connected to. She wasn't wearing it over her face, but just in the back of her hair. She smoothed the front of her dress and it really hit her then that she was getting married in less than an hour. 

Isla walked around and Margot saw her green eyes were watery. "Sorry. It's just crazy thinking we met as eighteen year olds who were assigned to be roommates at the academy and we're here. You never know who will walk into your life and end up being so important." She said, "You look beautiful. I'm honored to be standing beside you today."

Margot took her friend's hands. "I love you. You're the sister I never had." She told her. "Might be real sister someday, you know, since you went and fell in love with my brother." She stuck her tongue out in mock disgust, but Isla only smiled. "Thank you for everything you did for today." Isla nodded and squeezed her hands.

She had thought long and hard about it, and only had Isla and Phoenix in her wedding party. They had become her closest friends. Her high school friends she stayed in touch with, but they were the two she wanted up there with her. They had on matching floor length light blue gowns.

Phoenix walked in holding two glasses of champagne. "Oh my God." She said, brown eyes wide. "Wow. Margot....." She handed her the glass, and Isla picked up hers she had sat down. "I hope he cries when he sees you. I'd get a lot of satisfaction from Jake Seresin shedding tears as he realizes you're a thousand times out of his league."

Margot laughed. "I totally hope he cries." She agreed. She raised her champagne glass. "Thank you both for being here for me. Even if one of you isn't overly fond of my choice of groom," She gave Phoenix a nod with a smile. "Getting married without my parents is hard, but I feel like I've found family through the Navy, and I'm thankful for that."

Margot's 'something borrowed' was a small pendant that had belonged to her mom. Rooster had given it to her a few weeks ago, it was one single diamond. She'd been hesitant to accept it because it had been her mom's at her wedding, which had been to Rooster's dad of course. It felt like something he should be saving, but he wanted her to have a piece of their mom today.

"Let's get you married." Isla said, finishing her champagne. She gave Margot a final look over. Her makeup was not overly heavy, but she had gone with a soft look. "Hair looks good, makeup flawless, leg," She snapped her fingers and Margot moved her dress, showing that she had the garter on, which was blue. "Smoking leg, check. Boobs fantastic," She walked behind her. "Veil is secured. I think you're good. Ready?"

Margot nodded, and Isla went to open the door, letting Rooster inside. She gave him a quick kiss then stepped out into the hallway with her bouquet, Phoenix following behind after giving Margot a hug. Rooster stopped in his tracks when he saw Margot, and he covered his mouth.

"Are you laughing? Don't be an asshole." Margot told him, but he shook his head. She realized he looked emotional and wasn't laughing at all. "Hey, I'm the only one allowed to cry today. And don't because you never cry, and it'll make me cry, and I paid good money for professional makeup." She told him, pointing her finger.